Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

16 April 2013 - 5:45 p.m. MDT Hi Daniel! In the area

16 April 2013 - 5:45 p.m. MDT

Hi Daniel!

In the area of "Fonts", I very much prefer Gurmukhi MT to Lucinda Grande. Yet both of my computers are always switching over to Lucinda Grande--the font I don't like (spacing, numbers, et. al.).

How can I either get rid of Lucinda Grande once and for all or, preferably, get the computer to stop switching over to Lucinda Grande so that I'm constantly having to correct the matter.

Thanks! Harold
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

Lucinda Grande is the system default and it will always revert to that. It is written into the OS that way.

There is, however, a way around that, you have to lie to the computer about which font is Lucida Grande.

One reason for this is that font has equal spacing between letters.

Is there a particular reason you want to do this? The font you like is of Northern Indic script. You know that I think.

What is the language that was installed on the Mac when it was new?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The language was English. I fully understand what you mean about Lucinda Grande being the "Default." There doesn't seem as though one can do any more than I have been already doing--which is frankly what I suspected anyway. But the only stupid question is the one a person doesn't ask. Thus the question.

So I consider your answer so far as EXCELLENT!!!! Thanks for your input. If you have any additional insights on the issue, please let me know. The reason I like Gurmukhi MT is because of the spacing, the way the numbers appear, and its overall appearance on a page of work. It and Chalkboard are my favorite fonts. I use them when I write sermons--Chalkboard for my words and Gurmukhi MT for direct Biblical quotations.

Even more wonderful is that you are a servant of Jesus Christ!!!!! So am I, by the grace of God. I very much appreciate that you don't let yourself be intimated by the secular humanist, anti-Christian culture which surrounds us. Thanks for your witness!!!!!

Your friend and fellow-servant of the Lord Jesus,

Harold L. Trott, Albuquerque

Thank you Harold, He is risen and is coming soon.
So are you wanting to change the system font or the font you like when writing?

For apps like Pages or Word you can set the font that is used.

Like this, similar for Word.
graphic

I know it is an extra step, just remember that the computer is not as good as what God made and has limitations.

I think Word has a drop down font menu with preview.
Hope that helps.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Excellent Work. Problem being unable to receive rating is the result of SeaMonkey not working. THANKS!

SeaMonkey?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

16 April 2013

Dear Daniel,

Actually "SeaMonkey" is one option in the Mozilla family of browsers. It is my default browser. But, weirdly enough, it didn't let me reply to youand rate you, et al. But Safari worked. Sorry!

Yours in Christ, Harold

_________________________________________

The SeaMonkey® Project

The SeaMonkey project is a community effort to develop the SeaMonkey all-in-one internet application suite (see below). Such a software suite was previously made popular by Netscape and Mozilla, and the SeaMonkey project continues to develop and deliver high-quality updates to this concept. Containing an Internet browser, email & newsgroup client with an included web feed reader, HTML editor, IRC chat and web development tools, SeaMonkey is sure to appeal to advanced users, web developers and corporate users.

powered by Mozilla

Harold, I have found that modifying Safari allows it to work on sites that used to be a problem.
This small modification is actually is Safari itself.
With Safari open open Safari Preferences with the Command + , key or from the drop down menu.
Then click Advanced.
That puts a new item in the menu bar that has more options, like what you want Safari to look like to the rest of the world.
That list may look different for you but will work the same.
It is all I use with very few exceptions.
What that does is use those browsers characteristics to open a site.

I have not found any other browser that works as well as Safari in my opinion.
Chrome is one I will not allow on my Mac, too many issues with that one.
Stay away from tool bars, insidious they are.

Hope that is something you can use.
Today is the day that the Lord has made, let us be glad and rejoice in it.