Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have a new iMac OSX. I was using QuarkXpress 6.1 on my old

I have a new iMac OSX. I was using QuarkXpress 6.1 on my old computer. Now I can't access any of my files. I know I'll have to update my Quark but I'm not sure which one I need. I'm a retired teacher and now a professional artist. I can't access my art information, such as, resume, biography and artist's statements. What should I do?
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Sorry for the delayed response. Quark 6 will not work on latest Mac OS X. You said you have a new Mac, so it should have the latest Mac OS X i.e Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion. Quark 6 will not work on Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and not even in the previous version of OS X like 10.7 or 10.8. You have to buy the Quark Xpress 9 which is designed for latest OS X.

Get it from here : http://www.quark.com/en/Products/QuarkXPress/Test_Drive.aspx

(Try the trial version before buying it)

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I just need to access my text files so I can copy them. I don't need to do graphic designs, etc. Softpedia is offering a free, one month trial, download of QuarkXpress 9 for Mac. Should I use it to access my files to make copies? If I have to buy QuarkXpress 9, there's a 9 Upgrade Version. Does that mean if I have QuarkXpress 6 it will upgrade it?

Hi Judy,
Are those text files are created on Quark 6 ? If Yes, then Yes. You have to get Quark Xpress 9 to open them and save them to other format or make copies. You can download the trial from Quark's website. See here : http://www.quark.com/en/Products/QuarkXPress/Test_Drive.aspx

If I have to buy QuarkXpress 9, there's a 9 Upgrade Version. Does that mean if I have QuarkXpress 6 it will upgrade it?
Well, since you are on older version you probably have to buy the full Quark 9. But you should contact Quark and ask them whether they offer an Upgrade price for you. You can contact Quark from here : http://www.quark.com/en/Contact_Quark/

Quark Xpress 9 will automatically upgrade all exisiting version of Quark on your Mac when you install it.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Hi Judy,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help, and if not to say Thanks for using JustAnswer.

I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

Thanks and Have a great day,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you Ashik. You were a big help. I've decided to take your advice and get a QuarkXpress 9. I didn't want to pay over $800.00 for something I might not need but I think it's my best option.

It's nice to be able to get immediate answers from a computer professional.

Thank you again.

Judy

Hi Judy,
You're most welcome Judy :) If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask as I'm happy to help you.

Best Regards,