Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

how do i fix itunes error 306 for a mac?

4/9/2013
Daniel, Mac Genius
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

I am assuming that you did all of what you pasted in, correct?

Usually error 306 is because of proxies.
What router, modem and ISP do you have and are using?
What version of OS X do you have?
graphic

Have you updated iTunes?

I've tried all the above.

I've updated itunes.

I'm in New Zealand.

Modem: Thomson tg585

ISP Telecom

OS X 10.6.8

An IT guy at work recently played with my laptop to get me wireless at work. He may have changes some settings.

Hi Dan:

I'm in New Zealand.

Thomson tg585 modem

ISP: Telecom

I did try all of the above.

Can't update itunes because I cannot connect to itunes.

I'm using itunes 11.0.1

OS X 10.6.8

An IT guy at work recently played with my laptop to get me wireless there. He may have tweaked some settings.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott.

Sorry, my Mac needed restarting to fix an issue.

That could very well be the issue. ITs are famous for that, make sure you do not change his settings. Just create a new one and call it Home.
To fix that you want to create a new location.
This PDF will explain how.

New Location 10.5-10.6

Do not change what the IT guy did or you will have issues there. This will set up a 'home' location that you may need to switch between to access both work and home.

Read the PDF and let me know if you have an issue doing the deed.

I think that this will fix it as it is a proxy issue and that is common at many companies and schools.

Let me know.

Daniel, Mac Genius

Thanks, Dan!