Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.
70409726

I buy my daughters songs from the Itunes store on her Ipod.

I buy my daughter's songs from the Itunes store on her Ipod. Can she use an Itunes gift card when she has a credit card account on it?

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

Yes she can. You will need to redeem the itunes giftcard within itunes. To redeem the gift card on her ipod, open itunes (purple icon) Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on redeem. Enter your itunes gift card number.
To redeem your itunes giftcard on your computer, open itunes on your computer click on itunes store in the left column. Under Quick links, Click on redeem

Full Size Image

Customer:

hi

Customer:

It's my daughter's birthday and I want to know if she can use an Itunes gift card if she has an account using my credit card to buy songs.

Appleologist :

Yes she can. Did you see my response?

Customer:

No, where is it?

Appleologist :

You will need to redeem the itunes giftcard within itunes. To redeem the gift card on her ipod, open itunes (purple icon) Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on redeem. Enter your itunes gift card number.

Appleologist :

Would you like to redeem the giftcard on the computer or on her ipod?

Customer:

She doesn't have it yet, the mother of a friend asked if she could buy one for her birthday. Yes can she redeem on her ipod?

Appleologist :

Yes she can. To redeem the gift card on her ipod, open itunes (purple icon) Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on redeem. Enter your itunes gift card number.

Customer:

Great!

Appleologist :

Was there anything els I can assist you with?

Customer:

No, but can I print the answer so I can keep it?

Appleologist :

Absolutely. You can also bookmark this chat or click on this link for further details. http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1574

Customer:

Thanks!

Appleologist :

You are so welcome

Appleologist :

You can now go ahead and rate my service and end the Chat. Enjoy the rest of your day