Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I can not empty the trash bin of deleted photos in iphoto

4/5/2013
Mike, Mac Medic
Sorry I didn't realize that was you just got back. Hang on
Quit iPhoto, hold down the Option or ALT and Command keys and start iPhoto. Check all the boxes and run Rebuild.

Let me know if you can do it now.
Mike, Mac Medic

I did that twice ,did not empty ,I also had to force quit, I have 115 photos to delete is that to many

It shouldn't be. What version of iPhoto?

the one it keep with it i have never updated

Sorry I forgot this info:

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Also open iPhoto and go to iPhoto / About iPhoto what is the version number?

version 8.1.2 (424)

OK and the System Version? Also go to the Apple Logo to Software Update and make sure there is none for iPhoto.

there were 2 new updates but not for iphoto,sorry my server is on a go slow

Ok any chance you would like to upgrade to iPhoto 9?

the only update for iphoto was in with ilife which I dont have, if 9 is free i would up date

What system are you on?

I have already told you take

OK I checked your other question you have Snow Leopard and even though iPhoto is only $14.99 you would have to upgrade to Mountain Lion ($19.99) which I also recommend but if you don’t want to do that I understand. Let me know and we can try something else.
Either way let's try this first go to Macintosh HD / Users / yourusername / Library / Preferences and drag com.apple.iphoto.plist to the trash and restart the computer. Open iPhoto and try emptying the trash.
Mike, Mac Medic

I did that, yes it did empty trash and also took the photos I want to keep so I had to bring them all back,along with the same problem

Trashing that would not remove anything else. You brought them back from Time Machine?
If that is what you meant by "bring them all back," then once you restore that Library rebuild it as you did before then drag all the photos back to the Library from the trash. Then pick a few at a time and try emptying the trash again.
Mike, Mac Medic