Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

hello...i am importing Hi8 old family movies from canon L1...

Customer Question

hello...i am importing Hi8 old family movies from canon L1... when there is a break in the tape...no data...the import stops...i am using iMOvie 11 9.0.8 is there a setting to make the import continue? thank you....leon
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Set the switch on the lower-left side of the window to one of the following:

Automatic:

Automatically rewinds the tape, imports all of the tape contents, and rewinds the tape again.

Manual:
Lets you rewind and fast-forward the tape so that you can import only the footage you want. Use the controls to set your tape to the point where you want to begin importing.

Click Import.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hello mike

thanks for joining in this dilemma....i do not understand your reply...

i am using a canon L1 video camera to import old family videos...through a digital converter box into iMovie on my macbook pro and storing the document on my drobo external hard drive...

when there is no data for a few seconds...the importing stops...driving us nuts!...we want to have it continue importing even if there is a second or two of no data...seems i used a setting on iMovie that fixed it..i just can't remember what i did...

has your answer addressed this? i don't know what settings you are referring to and where i would find them....on the camera? in iMovie?

thanks again...leon webber

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Change it to Manual as I said