Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

IPod is disabled connect to iTunes. Have connected to iTunes

IPod is disabled connect to...
IPod is disabled connect to iTunes. Have connected to iTunes many times and started the reboot. Halfway through the downloading process the iPod drops connectivity and the process tries to start all over. Have disabled the firewall on the computers, tried two different computers, removed all other USB jacks from the computers and attempted to reboot over twenty times. Same thing happens every time.
4/4/2013
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Which iPod is this ?

IPod touch

Which generation ? 5G, 4G, 3G etc

Also, did you tried different USB Cable ?

I don't know. Its over two years old and has 8 GB memory

Does it have Camera ? Identify the model from here : http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1353

IPod touch 4th generation. Yes it has a camera

Thanks. Lets try to restore it by putting it to DFU Mode. First, download the latest iOS 6.1.3 firmware for your iPod from here (direct download link) : http://appldnld.apple.com/iOS6.1/091-2655.20130319.Wyt54/iPod4,1_6.1.3_10B329_Restore.ipsw

When you download it, you will get a file named iPod4,1_6.1.3_10B329_Restore.ipsw

Now you can restore it by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode. DFU Mode is a mode which will allow you to restore your iPod to working condition. Put your iPod to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode and restore it from iTunes. Follow the steps below to put your iPod to DFU Mode;
  • Connect the iPod to your computer with the USB Cable.
  • Open iTunes application on your computer
  • On your iPod Press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  • After exactly 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPod in recovery mode.
  • Then hold down Shift key (or Option key if on Mac) and click Restore button. It will ask you to select the firmware file. Select the iPod4,1_6.1.3_10B329_Restore.ipsw you've downloaded above and click OK or Open.
  • Then let iTunes to restore your iPod.

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPod will remain blank/black. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode, so keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Best Regards,

Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi there,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help, and if not to say Thanks for using JustAnswer.

I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

Thanks and Have a great day,
Ashik, Mac Technician