Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I am unable to transfer baseball games, e.g., to my tv set

as I did last year...
I am unable to transfer baseball games, e.g., to my tv set as I did last year. I receive this message: "invalid user credentials or missing credentials information".
4/4/2013
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator

Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Best,

Gina~Moderator

I had to leave my home for several hours. Please tell me what I need to do to get baseball games through my Apple device transferred to my TV set.

Hello Jim:

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Best,

Gina~Moderator
iPad Man
iPad Man, Computer Hardware Engineer
Hello, my name is Rusty. What are you trying to send shows from? Can you be more specific as to the products and services that you are trying to use?

My IPad, contains Major League Baseball games throughout the season. Last year my Apple TV device (MD199LL/A) allowed a game to be sent to my tv set. This year, as I specified in my original description, I get " invalid user credentials or missing credential informatiion". However, no area or entry line appears to submit any such info.

I see, so they are stored on your iPad, and you are trying to access them with your Apple TV?

accessing by viewing the Ipad contents for baseball games is not a problem. THE PROBLEM IS TRANSFERRING FROM THE IPAD TO THE TV SET.

Sorry for the delay, my day has been full of meetings. I understand that you want to transfer the video from iPad to your TV, but I need to know if the videos are stored on the iPad, or if it's a service that you download the videos from. Will you please clarify which one? If they are stored in a folder on your iPad, we can get them working fairly easily. Let me know if they are in a folder, or if you stream them on your iPad through a service.
Relist: Answer quality.
to date, all i have is questions which i believe i answered. The Ipad tranfers the baseball game images through the Apple device(MD199LL/A) to my TV. I receive this message, "invalid user credentials or missing credentials information". No area or place is shown to enter any info.
Please, I need to know if they are stored in a folder on your iPad or if you are trying to stream them from a service. I'm an expert, and this is pertinent information. If you work with me, we can quickly come up with a solution.

to my knowledge (I'm 75 years old), nothing is stored in a folder. These are baseball games from Major League Baseball feeds which, through my Apple TV, device transfer to my Sony TV. I regret I am unable to be clearer due to my lack of knowledge. When I see the menu (sports, movies, etc.) from my Apple TV device, I am prevented from selecting the game I wish to view on my Sony TV, because of the message:

"Invalid user credentials or missing credential information". In years past, I have not received any such message.

Ok, that makes more sense. That doesn't go through your iPad at all. Apple TV has those "Channels" built into it. It sounds like you are missing the subscription. You will have to visit their website to make sure your service is current.

Tell me which channel you access to watch the games, and I'll locate their website information for you, and we can get your games back up and running.

thank you so very much. I now feel that I may have the means to access the games.

The channels are MLB (major league baseball) ones which are listed when I select the Baseball box in the menu area. Since I can't get to that area, yet, I don't have a channel to give you.

I think we'll be able to get you going. First, go to this website and make sure your subscription is current.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mediacenter/index.jsp?c_id=mlb

To verify your subscription, try watching a game on your computer. Once you verify that it plays on your computer, go back to your Apple TV and open the MLB channel.

Let me know what works, and if there is anything still left to fix. Once we verify your subscription, we may have to iron out a kink or two, but we'll be well on our way.
iPad Man
iPad Man, Computer Hardware Engineer
iPad Man
iPad Man
iPad Man, Computer Hardware Engineer