Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

I have an apple ID which I have been using for more than a

Customer Question

I have an apple ID which I have been using for more than a year on my PC. I now have a new Macbook Pro and I have migrated my contents from my PC but i get a message that my Apple ID has been blocked for security reasons. When I want to reset my apple id through appleid.apple.com I am requested to give my apple id and my password XXXXX when I enter forgot my password XXXXX get the message that a message has been sent to my email address the email fails to arrive. please assist.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

Usually that happens when an incorrect email address is on record.
Are you sure that the email for the Apple account is correct? Do you get other email to that account ok?
Have you looked in the junk folder for email?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks Dan

I have checked my junk mail and there is no message. My email account is definitely working. There may by a mistake with the email account that is linked to my apple account but if that is the case how can I check?

Greg

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Greg, the fastest way and maybe the only way is to talk to Apple about this.
This may require the serial number of this new MacBook Pro.
The number to call is 1.800.275.2273, you get recordings to wade through so listen carefully.
There will be a choice for a person.
This is where to find the serial number and other info quickly.
Unfortunately I cannot access your account to fix it.
Apple is very serious about security and if the email happens to be one character off then the call is necessary, a trip to an Apple store may not get the results you need as they do not have access to the accounts either.
Wish I could offer a quick easy fix, calling Apple will work the best.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have just wasted R400!

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
You have wasted nothing. I gave you an accurate answer to your problem, what you do with it is up to you. If you are not happy with it then I am sorry. You have the option of requesting a refund.