Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Suis sur MacOs 10.8.3 iMacSouhaite mettre à jour mon Office

Suis sur MacOs 10.8.3 iMac Souhaite...
Suis sur MacOs 10.8.3 iMac
Souhaite mettre à jour mon Office Mac 2008 (de 12;0 à 12.1 et suite) mais la mise à jour se refuse ! Pourquoi ? Que dois-je faire ?
4/2/2013
Mike, Mac Medic
Parle vous English?

yes

Can you repost your question in English?

As per your request, I did post my question already yesterday, I repete my question:

I wish to update my Office Mac 2008 (12.0 to 12.1 and more).

My iMac 10.8.3 refuse it. Why ? What shall I do ?

Is there an error message?
Try installing this first then open Word and go to Help / Check for Updates.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35381

Let me know, s'il vous plaît.

as per your request I downloaded AutoUpdate installer and that's it....

What next ?

Did you open Word and go to Help / Check for Updates.

yes and I found an update which is actually downloading, it is the 12.1.

Once Word is updated should I do the same step by step until I get 12.36 ?

Yes

OK, i'll do it that way, if problem occurs I,ll get back to you or Just Answer,thanks a lot again

George

OK let me know.

If you are satisfied, please kindly Accept and provide an OK Rating - or Above. If you are not satisfied, please don't Rate to Finish and Reply to Expert and let me know what I can do to change that. Thanks.

Problem, the same again, it says:

"Office 2008 SP1 Update (12.1.0) ne peut être installé sur ce disque (MacHD 716GO disponible sur 999 au total); Une version du logiciel requise pour installer cette mise à jour est introuvable sur ce volume."

what can I do ?

I assume that means you don't have enought room on the hard drive.

I want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation. I am required to post any procedure as an Answer even if it is just a diagnostic test, so please ignore the Rate to Finish box and Reply to Expert after you have tried that.

Restart the computer while holding the Command and R keys to boot to Recovery HD partition, when it boots select the Disk Utility and Continue. Then select Macintosh HD on the left and first Verify Disk on the right and if that is OK Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair Disk.

OK, will do all that; I presume that will take some time.

Half an hour max.

I did restart the computer while holding the two keys cmd & R but now I do not quite understand your last sentence:

"when it boots select the Disk Utility and Continue. Then select Macintosh HD on the left and first Verify Disk on the right and if that is OK Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair Disk."

You may have to choose your language first. Then on the next screen you will see that.

it's not the language that bothers me, it's the technique, I do not know where is Disk utility and how I Verify Disk, then Repair Permission, please clarify

What do you see when you boot and hold Command - R? The first screen should be Choose your language, then this screen, do you see Disk Utility?

graphic

I'll reboot again because I do not get the same screen as you show

Ok

it is persistant, it shows not the screen with utilities.

Hold the power button for about 10 seconds, then hit it again to start the computer and hold the Option or ALT key until you see a list of boot partitions. Choose Recovery HD then select the Disk Utility and Continue. Select Macintosh HD on the left and first Verify Disk on the right and if that is OK Repair Permissions on the left. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair Disk.

Action verify and repair accomplished on permission and disk; now will try again to install 12.1, OK ?

No not yet. Did the Verify Disk fail?

no, it indicated to repair, so I did for both, permission and disk

OK Disk Repair was successful I assume. Restart the computer. Right click on Macintosh HD and tell me what is listed next to Capacity and Available.

graphic

Capacity : 999,35 Go

Available : 717,36 Go

OK yes then now try updating.

OK, I will try tomorrow , it's already 1'20" AM and I'm dead tired..... I'll speak to you in the morning _ What's your time there where you are (NYC?)

Good night

I'm in Chicago and I will be up ealry but I have an appt atXXXXXand I will be back by aboutXXXXXUSA if that is ok.

Yes, that's ok. Good night

OK good luck. Bon soir.

Problem, once more, it says:

"Office 2008 SP1 Update (12.1.0) ne peut être installé sur ce disque (MacHD 717GO disponible sur 999 au total); Une version du logiciel requise pour installer cette mise à jour est introuvable sur ce volume."

Are you sure you are using the Word / Help / check for updates? Can you open all the office apps?

some computer specialist said to me today to reinstall the original 12.0 with the disk and try to update again.

I'm in fact right now reinstalling Office, I'll get back to you asap.

Yes but you should uninstall first. See here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2500821

Naturally I did it prior to installation

OK good.

Office 2008 12.0 installed properly.

Trying to update to 12.1 the problem persists, it says again:

"Office 2008 SP1 Update (12.1.0) ne peut être installé sur ce disque (MacHD 715GO disponible sur 999 au total); Une version du logiciel requise pour installer cette mise à jour est introuvable sur ce volume."

Please help me !...... Otherwise I will definitely abandon Microsoft on the most applications !

Ok do all the Office apps run ok?
I think I got it:

Go to System Preferences/ Security & Privacy under the General tab: Allow applications downloaded from check the box "Anywhere".

graphic

Then manually download and run this updater for the MAU. Microsoft AutoUpdate 2.1.1

Quit the updater BEFORE running installer.

I accomplished all requested and described above, and the update has failed; it says:

"l'installation de ce logiciel requiert 8ko d'espace libre."

I do not understand this, there is 716 GO available !.......

Mike, Mac Medic
The problem is the old 2008 installers don't work with Mountain Lion correctly I'm sure Office 2011 would install and update without a problem but it seems you have about had it with Office as many of us have. Let me know. I know it is late there.

First of all, I want to confirm your excellent attitude as expert on MacIntosh and overall your professionalism. The reason I decided to abandon Office and replace it by Apple's Works 09.3, is because of Microsoft staff in France that was not courageous enough to pursue helping me as you did, explaining the problem existing between there Office 2008 and Mountain Lion. Anyhow, thanks for your help, that was a good try. So long Mike

Georges Mandel/France

Thanks you can also try the free Open Office:

http://www.openoffice.org/download/

Sorry about that.
Mike, Mac Medic