John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

I have no sound and "blocked plug in is coming up on a black

I have no sound and "blocked plug in is coming up on a black screen. please help.
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my service only and not this website itself or your issue.

Can you tell me what version of OS X you are currently running?

Click the Apple Logo in the menubar at the top of the screen

Select "About This Mac"

In the window that opens, look for the "Version" information. Please let me know what it says.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

os x 10.6.8

Thanks and is this a particular site that you are trying to view?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I use AOL is that what you mean, I am very unskilled in this.

I meant is there a particular web page you are trying to view when getting the "blocked plug in" message?

However, in most cases this message is displayed because your Adobe Flash Player is out of date.

you should download the latest version of Adobe Flash player from here:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Click the Download Now button. The download should be "install_flash_player_osx.dmg" and will be stored in your downloads folder or desktop. You will need to double-click it to open the disk image if Safari does not do this for you.

Inside, you should find the "Install Adobe Flash Player.app" installer. Double-clicking this should start the installer and load the latest version of Flash onto your system.

If the install seems to complete without errors, go to the test page again below. Can you see the animated movie? Also, it should list the version installed under section 2.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

If all seems correct, then you should be good to go.

If you continue to have questions on this topic, just reply back to this discussion prior to rating. I will be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question and if so please don't forget to positively rate my service .

Thanks and good luck,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

John, double clicking the install flash player button does nothing,

unless I'm should be using something besides the mouse.

Are you at the point of opening the downloaded file "install_flash_player_osx.dmg"? Or have you already opened that?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Arn"t I supposed to open the file to download it, so far I have 14 attempts

to do this.

I still see blocked plug in in the blank space below it.

Okay,

I'm not sure where you are in the procedure so I need clarification on that to assist you further. Can you tell me how far you made it through the instructions I gave you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So far I have 14 downloads now. When I double click anything, nothing

happens.

I cannot open the download file.

Since you never replied after 15 minutes I give up, my solution is to toss this

damn thing out which I have had problems in the 1.5 yrs that I have had it and

do buy another computer!

In the Finder, click the "Go" menu at the very top of the screen and choose "Computer".

In the new window that opens do you see any icons related to Flash player?

I am sorry you are having an issue but did you not see my prior reply?

Also, I now see you rated my prior answer poorly when I am still trying to assist you. It may take time to work through this and sometimes I will be dealing with another customer but I will return to you within a few minutes of receiving email notification of your reply if it is during a work shift.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

When I click the finder application there is no "GO' but on the top of the

screen there is Mac HD etc.

When you are in the Finder it will be in the menu bar at the very top of the screen.

"Finder File Edit View Go Window Help"
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

LaughingJohn, it's not you, it's me, I give up, if I can I'll change the result face.

You have been more than patient. It's now 2:00 AM.

Tell you what, if you want to pick this up tomorrow; I work in the afternoon/evening EDT and we can take it step by step until we get you set up.

You can reply back to this discussion directly at any point and when I am online I will respond. Wink