Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I just converted my Mac operating system to 10.8 (Mountain

Lion) and now cannot use...
I just converted my Mac operating system to 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and now cannot use Microsoft Office programs except Word. I get the following message "You can't open the application "Microsoft Excel" because Power PC applications are no longer supported." I can still open "Word" files. My Word version is 12.3.6 and I assume it is the same for Excel, Powerpoint, etc. since i bought them as a package of Microsoft Office.
3/30/2013
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi Suzanne and Welcome to JustAnswer. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Could you please send me a screenshot of your Excel or Power Point icons (or the Office folder) ? Press Command(Apple) + Shift + 3. This should create a screenshot of your Mac into desktop. Then upload that screenshot into www.wikisend.com website and please give me the download links/share links that you get after uploading it

Goto Applications > Microsoft Office 2008 folder and can you open Excel or Power Point from there ?

Well, don't I feel stupid... Yes, Excel and Powerpoint opened when i went to Applications. Thanks.

Glad to hear that. It seems like you were trying to open old version of Excel and Power Point all this time. Now, you can drag the Excel and Power Point from Applications > Microsoft Office 2008 folder to your dock, so you don't have to go to Applications everytime when you want to open them.

Make sure you do all updates from Apple > Software Updates.

If you like my service, please rate me Positively. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards.
Ashik, Mac Technician

Thanks

You're most welcome :)
Hi Suzanne,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help, and if not to say Thanks for using JustAnswer.

I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

Thanks and Have a great day,
Ashik, Mac Technician