Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

Hi, I have just bought a Mac. I want to transfer all my photos

Hi, I have just bought a Mac. I want to transfer all my photos on Picasa from my pc to my new machine. I can't figure out how to do this as I can't save them on to a memory stick. Can you help? Many thanks, Amanda

Hi, I will assist,

Is there any error message when backing up to the memory stick?

Can you just open your Pictures folder on the PC (not in Picasa program), then select all folders/pictures and transfer to a USB drive?

Or to make it easier for you, can we do a screen sharing session, so I can help with this issue directly?

Please let me know. Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. I can just open the pictures file and copy them to a memory stick but then I haven't got all my picasa edits and albums etc etc.

The isn't really an error message on the memory stick , it will only copy the shortcut to picasa not the files within. I have already tried doing that and opening the stick on the mac but it can't access them

Sorry. Did you make sure to copy / transfer everything in the Pictures folder? Then it should have the albums/edits, etc. Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I will check again, maybe I am mistaken! Thank you.

You're welcome. Please transfer everything in the (My) Pictures folder, and check. Please let me know the result later. Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you - from a quick look iot seems just the starred photos album is not there so that is easy to fix! I think all is well now so thanks for your advice and courteous replies!

Great. You're welcome. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Also, can you please rate my service by clicking on the smiley face below, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks Viet . I did rate the smiley as excellent service. Problem was solved!

You're welcome. Yes, you did. You can ignore any of our automatic email. If you have any other computer question/issue in the future, please let me know me know any time:

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-itstuff/

Thank you