Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I just lost my books in my library. I have empty shelves and

i can not see any...
I just lost my books in my library. I have empty shelves and i can not see any thing. this happened last Sunday night. Is there any way they can be retrieved. I have made many notes and highlighted. I have not saved any thing on my iPad to the cloud. Thanks for your help Mark
3/23/2013
Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

Although you did not backup your ipad using iCloud, all of your books are linked to your itunes account so you will be able to re-download all of your books. To do this, go to the ibooks store. At the bottom you will see Purchased. You will then see all of your books. Click on the cloud icon to re-download them

Appleologist :

Im sorry, but all of your notes are not saved to your itunes account

Appleologist :

Helloe

Appleologist :

Hello

Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX try this and get back to you if I am having trouble. I just completed my recovery of my books. If I save information to the iCloud will my book notes and highlights be saved? What is the cost of the iCloud? Thanks for tour help.

Appleologist :

iCloud is Free. All you need to do is turn it on. Do to this, go to settings, click on iCloud. If your apple ID is signed in already, click on storage and back up at the bottom and press backup now

Appleologist :

If you are not signed in, just enter your apple ID and password

Customer:

I can't see where my books and notes can be saved in Settings. My settings iCloud was on. Is there a chance I could recover three years of notes in my Bible and other text books? How can I make sure they are saved in the future.

Appleologist :

Are you using The you version Bible?

Appleologist :

To check your backups. Click on storage and backups. Click on manage storage and then choose Your ipad. When was the lastest backup?

Appleologist :

I see you are offline right now. When you re-enter the chat, send your reply and I will be notified

Customer:

I turned on the iCloud back up, it was off. I then got a pop-up that said "Start iCloud backup, your iPad will no longer back up to your computer automatically when you sync with iTunes." OK or Cancel What does this mean?

Appleologist :

It means that your ipad was not backing up to icloud so all of your notes will be lost and can not be recovered. It is asking you moving forward, if you will like to back up to icloud or will you like to continue backup up your ipad to itunes which means you will have to physically connect your ipad to your computer to backup. iCloud backs up wirelessly

Customer:

Thank you for you're help this has been a great experience. Mark

Appleologist :

You are very welcome. You can now go ahead and rate my service and end the Chat. Enjoy the rest of your day

Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician