Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

i cant not use itunes due to error -3212

Customer Question
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Mac
3/2/2013
Mac Support Specialist: Vinod Menon, Support Specialist replied 4 years ago
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist

Don't worry. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

I would like to have a bit more information from you before we start troubleshooting.

Is the problem happening on your computer? If so, are you using a Mac or windows xp/vista/7?

Does this happen when you try to connect to the itunes store? Does the other functions work fine - such as playing music, videos etc?

Thank You
Vinod

hello

i am using windows XP all aspects of my itunes works, all i can not do is

connect to the itunes store from my PC

Thank you, Terry.

How about the internet connection on your computer?

Are you talking to me from the same computer?

The internet connection is fine, yes i am using the same computer

Thank you.

Let's start with uninstalling and reinstalling itunes. Don't worry, this will not delete any contents in itunes.

Let's go to the control panel and uninstall itunes, quicktime, apple software update, apple mobile device support, apple application support and bonjour.

Now restart the computer and install itunes by going to

www.apple.com/itunes/download

Let's see whether this resolves your issue. If not, we will try the next steps.
Hello
Now using my IPad to write to you, I have done what you said but it is still coming up with iTunes could not connect to the iTunes Store. An unknown error occurred (-3212)
:(

Let's turn off the antivirus and firewall in your computer and then try to access the itunes store.

Let's see
How do I do that
Sorry, I am not a PC specialist. However, let's check the basic ways.

If you go to the control panel, you can find a "windows firewall" icon. You can click on it and you will find an option to turn it off.

To turn off the antivirus (if you have any) - there will be antivirus icon pinned to your task bar (to the bottom right of your computer). Right click on it and you might find an option to disable it.

Let me know
I think the problem in with Norton which is installed in my PC I am struggling to find how to turn it off
Is it Norton or Norton 360?
Norton 360
Just check this website and let me know whether this helps

http://www.ehow.com/how_5821205_turn-off-norton-360.html
or check this too

http://www.netnanny.com/kb/125
Unfortunately I have tried to delete Norton 360 from my PC, all the icons on the tool bar are no longer there.

I just can not find an icon to open and turn it off

The windows security centre is showing in the firewall section that Norton 360 is currently on

In virus protection Norton is up to date and virus scanning is on
There is no need to delete.

Anyway, let's try a different thing.

Are you connected to the Internet through WiFi?
Yes
Let's turn off the router for 2 minutes and then turn it back on.

Now check whether your issue is resolved.
Router is now off unfortunately I need to go out now will we be able to continue this tomorrow

No problem take your own time
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist