Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

After an Evernote update yesterday, I can no longer access

Customer Question
After an Evernote update yesterday...

After an Evernote update yesterday, I can no longer access Evernote on my iPhone or iPad. I click on the Evernote Icon , the usual all-green screen comes up, which then reverts to a white screen that says loading and within a second or two, the screen reverts to my desktop and the Evernote Icon. I cannot get into any of my notes on either my iPhone or my iPad. I would appreciate some help since I keep many important numbers and passwords in Evernote. Thanks. Bob XXXXX. Email:***@******.*** (XXX) XXX-XXXX

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Mac
3/1/2013
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 4 years ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Hi, I will assist,

Please try a quick restart first: press and hold both the Power button and the Home buttons together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

If that does not work, please uninstall the Evernotes app, then redownload it.

If all fails, please let me know. Thank you

I tried the restart just now and it didn"t work. If I uninstall the Evernotes app and redownload it, will I lose all the data in my notes? How can I retrieve my data to protect my notes if I can't access Evernote?

You have Cloud backup, so uninstalling/redownloading Evernotes won't remove your data. Thanks

Evernote is not working correctly. I was able to redownload the Evernote app and repopulate the data in my notes. However, it has arranged the notes in order by update. It won't let me arranged the notes by title or by date created. When I click on sort by title which is what I had before and what I want now, Evernote closes down and returns to the desktop icon.

I'm sorry, does it happen in both the iPad and iPhone after trying my suggestion? Thank you

Yes, it is the same with both iPhone and iPad. Neither one lets me order them by title (alphabetically). They both close down and return to the desk top when I try to sort by title.

I'm really sorry, I just checked on the update from Evernote, and this is a known issue with the latest update; uninstall/reinstall works for some, but not others. Evernote is working on a fix.

http://blog.evernote.com/blog/2013/02/28/evernote-for-ios-update-new-view-better-pdf-support-evernote-business-improvements-and-more/
http://blog.evernote.com/blog/category/product-updates/
(scroll down at the bottom for the comments)

If there is still any issue after there is a fix, please let me know. Thank you

I have also discovered that the iPad note is blank when you try and open it. There is no data in the actual note, although there is some data on the All Notes page where the first page of the note is shown. On the iPhone, the whole note appears with all the data when you click on the front page on the All Notes page. So the iPhone has only the sort function not fixed, but the iPad data cannot be retrieved.

I am not happy with this development. Please address the issue with the data not appearing in the note on my iPad.

I am certainly not satisfied that the problem has not been resolved.

I"m sorry, can you re-sync from iTunes on the computer or from iCloud? Thanks

I re-synced from iTunes and it didn't make any difference. i still cannot get any data from my Evernote iPad notes.

Sorry, can you go to settings in Evernote app on the iPad, then log out, and log back in and check?

If it does not work, can you log out Evernote again, then uninstall the Evernote one more time, then press and hold both the Power button and the Home buttons together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then download again and check.

Thank you
Evidently Evernote has fixed the bug because I down loaded an update that corrected the organizing by title problem. They also fixed the bug that did not copy my data to the note.
While I appreciated your trying to help me, I cannot say that it was worth $68. I don't anticipate using your services in the future.
I'm really sorry, clearly, the bug was from Evernote as I pointed out the reference from Evernote, so there was nothing we could do, but wait for the fix from Evernote. Don't worry, we guarantee our service; I'm canceling this; if you need anything else, please let us know any time. Thank you
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech