Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Ive been trying to set up a used IPad 2. Serial # XXXXX

Customer Question
I've been trying to set...
I've been trying to set up a used IPad 2. Serial # XXXXX Trying to set account for purchasing APPS from The APPS Store. When I sign in using my exiting Apple ID, and enter all my Payment Method Information I get the following message: "Your payment method information doesn't match your bank's records. Try again or enter a new payment method."

I have verified with my bank and was told the transaction has been verified and confirmed eight (8) times, with a corresponding $1.00 charge for each confirmation.

The Apple customer service representative directed me to this On-line Customer Service Site. The IPad is no longer under the 30 day/1 year guarantee.

Any help or suggestions, otherwise I will not be able to purchase APPS.
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Mac
3/1/2013
Mac Support Specialist: Daniel, Mac Genius replied 4 years ago
Daniel, Mac Genius
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

Since the info has been verified more than once I would assume it to be correct.
Question: Can you use it on the commuters iTunes store?
When you set this iPod up how did you do it?
Did you also put in the security code?

It's an IPad 2. I've been trying to set up the account directly on the IPad, in the APP Store, following the steps on same.

Aida,

You do have an iTunes account in iTunes on the computer, correct?

If so computer what you are inputting on the iPad with what is says in your iTunes account.
This may be of help.
The billing info on the iPad will be a carbon copy of that.
I would suggest checking what it says and if needed update it to match the bank.
Until they are in sync chasing ones tail will result.
Try that and let me know.

I still get the same answer; have not been able to set up the account. Tried again and this time the charge was declined. Tried another two times and got the original message again. Called my bank again, and they inform me that everything is correct at their end. They advised me to try again tomorrow. Thank you, Aida

Alda, then delete that info as it does not match. It has to be exact, even to the security code on the back on the credit card.
It will be no different tomorrow.

I can walk you through this if you tell me which version of iTunes you have, look in the iTunes drop down for 'About iTunes'.
They have moved things around to make it easy.

Everything is exact, and the information from ITunes has already been verified at my bank, 8 times!

Try signing out of all iTunes and app stores on all devices.
On the iPad go to Settings/iTunes & App stores, touch your account name, select Payment information, certify that all fields are filled and match what the bank provided.
If that fails then I would suspect the bank has something that they are not telling you, some code somewhere.
Or what might be going on is the Apple site, I am noticing some abnormal behavior.

You are not alone with this issue, there are many reports like this.
I did find one thing that might help.
Sign in and review and edit any info that is incorrect or maybe you are using a different address than what is on file.

That is all I have, hope it works for you.

Too frustrated to continue today! Will check back tomorrow. Thank you for your help, but my problem has not been solved.

I understand, they are really great when they work and not so much when they are not.
It may be different tomorrow when the ban, Apple and you are on the same page.

Let me know please.
Daniel, Mac Genius