Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Ipad3 has audio but no video since downloading 6.0 something

updates are up to date...
Ipad3 has audio but no video since downloading 6.0 something updates are up to date
3/1/2013
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Hi

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with the iPad after the update...:(

Don't worry. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue. This could be an issue with the software or with the hardware. If it is a software issue, mostly we can resolve it online.

Which app are you using to see the video? YouTube, Netflix etc or the video app within iPad?

Also, are the videos purchased from the iTunes Store or transferred from the computer or are you trying to watch them online?

Thank you
Vinod

Video app in ipad like ESPN videos none have been purchased justs apps

Thank you, Brian.

I believe you have already tried the reset by pressing and holding the power button and home button together until you see an apple logo. If not, lets try that first.

If that doesn't resolve your issue, lets delete the espn app and redownload it. To delete it, tap and hold on the app until it wiggles. Now click on the "x" button next to it.

Once deleted, tap the home button once so that the wiggling stops.

Now redownload that app from the App Store. Lets see whether that resolves the issue for at least that app

Ok going to delete app

ok, let me know.

Still waiting for download extremely slow tried other apps NBC nightly news loads but runs with audio and video for one second the shuts off start again and again runs for only one second have good signal for Internet through wild blue

I understand. Let's see whether the redownload will fix the issue.

Download didn't help also can't play videos on YouTube or any videos on Internet

:(

The update may have corrupted the software.

Now lets try a restore of the iPad.

Open iTunes in the computer and connect the iPad. Your iPad name would now be listed in iTunes. Click on the iPad name and you would find the restore button.

Lets restore it and finally select the option "restore from backup". Lets see

Do you mean in my other laptop?

Any laptop, preferably the laptop to which you usually sync your iPad

I get iTunes opened up but says password XXXXX XXXXX try to reset security question is my birthdate it stays wrong answer. Surely I know my own birthdate

There is no need for the itunes password XXXXX restore the ipad. You can skip it if you have the option.

How?

If you don't find the option, try to reset the password XXXXX going to

http://iforgot.apple.com

There, enter your apple id and try to reset the password XXXXX email authentication option

I don't know if I have option tried resetting password XXXXX not email me tried at least three times

sorry for the delay..

have you started the restore or is it asking for password XXXXX that?

I have finally signed in where do I find restore button

:)

your ipad name would be listed to the right upper corner of the itunes (if you have the older itunes, the ipad name would be listed to the left side column).

When you click on the ipad name, you will find the restore button to the middle of the screen.

Let me know

When iTunes are open I have file edit view etc in upper left the page is I think iTunes Store if I move to app store it has iPhone or ipad I click and it says accessing store but no restore

I think you are having an older version of iTunes.

Lets download the newest version by going to

www.apple..com/itunes/download

After installing iTunes, open iTunes and connect the iPad. Your iPad should now be listed to the top right corner of iTunes. Click on the iPad name and you will find the restore button

Let me know

On ipad or laptop

On the laptop.
When I click on my name account info comes up and only thing I think is close is reset all warnings for buying and downloading
Have you downloaded the latest iTunes?

Thought it was but still downloading

Ok.

Once it completes downloading, it will start the install process. You can close the current iTunes till the install is over.

I did

Ok. Let me know once iTunes finish installing.
Sorry I fell asleep then had to go to work I'm pretty sure installed now

Can you please open the itunes and connect the ipad now? The ipad name should come up to the top right corner of the itunes. It might be termed as "ipad" or "Brian's ipad" etc.

If it is showing up, click on it and you will find a restore button to the middle.
I did that
Did you mean you have already performed the restore?
Yes
Are you still having the same issue with the video?
Yes I am
:(

Now we need to try a restore again, and this time "set it up as a new ipad".

Unfortunately, this will wipe out everything on your ipad and it will be as if it is a new ipad. Don't worry, you can get all your purchases back, but the contacts, calendars etc will be lost unless they are stored somewhere.

If that too does not work, then I am afraid you would need to get the ipad repaired/replaced. You can either take it into any apple store nearby or call apple care to set up the replacement.
Ok how do I start
Let's try the restore again. After the restore is complete, you will have two options - restore from backup and set up as a new ipad. Select "set up as a new ipad".

I am not sure whether you had selected the "set up as new" option in your previous restore. If you had, let me know
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
I didn't but restoring now going to take awhile I'll be in contact later
no worries..take your own time
Ipad seems to be working now before second restore. Hopefully this will take care of this problem. Thank you for your expertise. I appreciate all your knowledge
Great to know that, Brian...:)

I would appreciate if you can rate my service...

Thank you
Yes problem has been solved thank you very much I did rate your service as excellent
thank you very much, Brian...:)

Have a great day!!
You too
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist