Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

So I am wondering why when I ran mac os 10.6 lion all my avchd

So I am wondering why...

So I am wondering why when I ran mac os 10.6 lion all my avchd files were in a folder with individual .mts numbers, now in mac 10.8 snowleopard they all fit under one icon when opened it show the clips. Now this sucks when trying to reconnect footage from a previous timeline or imported timeline. any solutions on how to reconnect that media when the reference path has been changed by my os?

I am running premierpro 6.

2/24/2013
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers didn’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, you are rating my Service to you and Not the Outcome of the answer or this website.

FYI Mac OS X 10.6 is Snow Leopard and 10.8 is Mountaion Lion

Apple implemented a new way to archive the MTS files. MTS files have its own directory structure. Mac OS X will recognize the structure and organize them or archive them.

If you want to extract or copy any clips from it, just right click or control + click on it and select the "Show Package Contents" option from it. This will open the files in Finder. Then copy the clips you want from it to a differnet folder.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied

It however won't let me do that when I am trying to relink the footage, though.

Just drag out the file you want to relink in Finder to any folder, then can't you relink it from that folder ?

I am actually try to relink it in premier pro. The problem is that it won't allow me to show and find the package contents and is just showing that bundle. Is there any way for the my mac to alway show contents?

No, Apple designed it in that way. Are you trying to open the package contents from Premiere itself ?

Did you tried it to Show Package Contents from Finder ?
In Finder, right click on the main archive folder and click Show Contents or Show Package Contents. Does it open the folder with your MTS files ?

yes in finder but not when I try to relink. it only offers a quicklook

In Finder, just move the MTS file you want to link from the archive to any other folder, then can you link to that MTS file in Premiere ?
Try this. Open Premiere, open the dialogue box to relink the video. Now, in finder and open up the folder with the AVCHD media. Right click or Control Click on the archive and then select Show Package Contents. Now, click and drag the Stream folder or the folder containing the MTS files to the dialogue box back in Premier. Did that work ?
Ashik, Mac Technician
yep that seems to work thanks.
I'm glad you got it worked. Please let me know if you have any questions and I'm more than happy to help you.

Best Regards,
Hi there,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help, and if not to say Thanks for using JustAnswer.

I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

Thanks and Have a great day,
Ashik, Mac Technician