Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

can you suggest a simple spread sheet program for my Man 1

0.6.8?...
can you suggest a simple spread sheet program for my Man 1 0.6.8?
2/8/2013
Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Mac Support Specialist

Steve Herrod :

Hi, I'll be happy to help with this

Steve Herrod :

There are several spreadsheet options available - Microsoft Excel is probably the main one but can be fairly expensive

Steve Herrod :

Apple have produced iWork which also has a spreadsheet package

Steve Herrod :

but there are also a couple of free office/spreadsheet solutions

Steve Herrod :

OpenOffice and LibreOffice

Steve Herrod :

of these, I tend to prefer LibreOffice as it's a little less 'cluttered'

Steve Herrod :

Would you have existing Claris Works spreadsheets that need to be opened/imported?

Steve Herrod :

LibreOffice should be able to open these

Steve Herrod :

it can be downloaded from here

Steve Herrod :

is there any specific spreadsheet functionality you are looking for?

Steve Herrod :

Each of the applications mentioned should cover most requirements but just wanted to check if there was anything specific in Claris Works that needs to be mirrored in a new program

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Customer:

Can libreoffice handle algebraic formulae?

Customer:

So far, I have no CLaris Works SS that won't open normally.

Steve Herrod :

Yes, LibreOffice can handle algebraic formulae

Customer:

Thanks. If I need to reach you withmore questions, what's the best way?

Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Mac Support Specialist
No problem - you can reply on this thread with any further questions.

Cheers

Steve

I'm trying to open llibre. There are four different icons on my desktop bearing a version of the program title. I've opened them all and found no way to open a spreadsheet.

Ok - if LibreOffice is installed you should be able to go to Macintosh HD-->Applications

and then select LibreOffice, it should display a screen like this?

Let me know

Cheers

Steve

under HD appl, alpha skips from k to m

Thanks, is there any sign of an icon like this?

Cheers

Steve

I finally found the image you sent by going to Find. Tx for your help.Bob

No problem

Cheers

Steve

I'm slowly learning how to use the program. Will ask if I need more help

Bob

No problem - be happy to help

Cheers

Steve
Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Mac Support Specialist