Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

How do I recover an ICalDAV password for Yahoo, so it will

Customer Question
How do I recover an...

How do I recover an ICalDAV password ***** Yahoo, so it will re-connect?

I was resetting a password ***** reconnect my Gmail from my Andoid phone to ICal as a backup, in case the phone is stolen.

When I entered the correct number sequence my calendar updated all information from my phone, but then it wanted the Yahoo password.

Now I'm afraid it will ask for the same password ***** on my iCloud too.....

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Mac
2/2/2013
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 4 years ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Hi, I will assist with this issue.

Do you use the Yahoo account? If so, can you reset the password ***** https://edit.yahoo.com/forgotroot?

If you do not use the yahoo account, can you go to Settings, Mail, Calendar, & contacts, then select the yahoo account, and delete it?

Please let me know. Thank you

Yes, Yahoo is my primary account I use daily.

I did the forgot root site earlier, but it still will not accept the new password

Please make sure you are able to sign in your yahoo account with your yahoo password ***** the website http://mail.yahoo.com/

Please press and hold both the Power button and the Home buttons together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

graphic

Thank you

I can log into my Yahoo account.

I am trying now to enter my IMac desktops ICal, which is the problem.....I am on an Android phone.

I successfully updated Gmail, then this started to happen with it wanting the Yahoo password ***** ICal.

Do you use yahoo calendar or google calendar, etc.?

In iCal, can you go to preferences, then delete your yahoo account, then re-add it? Thanks

Still have a problem, for I deleted the Yahoo from ICal, but it will not accept the added account

Make sure you enter your full yahoo email address when adding account.

Do you have yahoo mail plus http://mailplus.mail.yahoo.com/?

Thank you,

Yes, full email address entered.

I use Gmail on my Android, which I Sync with iCal.that is my main calendar.

No mail plus, just a regular old yahoo account

I am putting in the full account name: ***@******.***

I mainly just have a Gmail calendar on my phone that I use, which is now connected to the iCal, after a lot of research, I finally got it fixed.

Now the iCal is saying it couldn't log in with my user name. It logged me onto Yahoo though...

I just have a regular yahoo account

You would need the yahoo mail plus service in order to use with POP/any email client program:

http://mailplus.mail.yahoo.com/

Or since you use the gmail calendar, you can just use the yahoo email at http://mail.yahoo.com/

Thank you

So you are saying, that since it will not accept in iCal the addition of my account with correct Yahoo ID and Password, that I should just forget about syncing it?

Sorry, yahoo requires the mail plus service ($19.95 / year) for it to work:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/mailplus/pop/pop-35.html;_ylt=Aqw15wLGy4T0lyoIhjLkxkobKCd4

Thank you

Well, it was working just fine before, so I do not understand why it would suddenly stop.

I guess that means you cannot help fix it, other than me adding a new Yahoo subscription, which isn't in the budget.

Thank you. Wish you could have helped resolve the problem without me incurring more fees!

I'm sorry, let me also open the issue to other professionals to see if they have any other suggestion. Thank you
Mike, Mac Medic