Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I had an iMac with Tiger, 2.4 processor and 1G ram. Purchased

I had an iMac with...
I had an iMac with Tiger, 2.4 processor and 1G ram. Purchased 4G Ram, installed it. No problem. Purchased Snow Leopard. Installed it. No problem. Used disc utility to erase (zero out) Mac HD. No problem. Re-installed SL. Migrated data from Macbook Pro. Now, SL registration will not allow continuance past final question page and admin passwords form Macbook Pro do not work. What's up?
2/2/2013
Daniel, Mac Genius
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

Do you have the MBP backed up with Time Machine?
If not then I suggest reinstalling SL without zeroing the drive.

I have done what you are doing and have had this issue myself, if the MBP has a different version of OS X (older) it may've some problems.
Reason I suggest reinstalling SL is it will overwrite the files that are having the issue.
Let me know if it helps, there may be other things to do.

Same issue if the MBP software is newer?

New to old may have issues with system files.
This is what I use as a reference guide.

It has going from Tiger to Lion but not from Lion to SL. That can be problematic.
I would try from a Time Machine backup, that should bypass the issue.

Daniel, Mac Genius
Daniel, Mac Genius