Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

If I am using either iMovie or Final Cut Express to edit, what

If I am using either iMovie or Final Cut Express to edit, what HD file formats can I import?
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers didn’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, you are rating my Service to you and Not the Outcome of the answer or this website.

Latest iMovie and FCE Supports the 1080i, 720p, AVCHD and HDV. They doesn't support FULL HD 1080/60p, I believe.

You should buy Final Cut Pro if you want edit with 1080p HD

I'd recommend using .MOV video file format as they are the native format for Mac's iMovie or FCE

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied

You can import MOV, DV, H.264 and MPEG-4 formats to FCE. I'd recommend using MOV format