Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

ra:sa

Customer Question
The other day I was...
The other day I was no able to connect to my email address I had used for years. Comcast asked me for my email client and I do not know how to find it. How do I do this and what happened to my email?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Mac
1/2/2013
Mac Support Specialist: dresteve2000, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 5 years ago
dresteve2000
dresteve2000, Computer Hardware Engineer

dresteve2000 :

Hello

dresteve2000 :

I am here to help you with this issue.

dresteve2000 :

So an email client is an application like Outlook, Outlook Express, or any programs where your email is automatically downloaded and synced

JACUSTOMER-u8czyc7i- :

How do I access this info on my Mac?

dresteve2000 :

How do you access your email at your office?

JACUSTOMER-u8czyc7i- :

I type in my email address [email protected]

dresteve2000 :

If you're using a Mac then you're probably using the Mac Mail application.

Does it looks like this on your Mac?

Full Size Image

dresteve2000 :

You can click on the image for a full size view

JACUSTOMER-u8czyc7i- :

What is this image for?

dresteve2000 :

I'm asking if your email looks like that on your Mac

JACUSTOMER-u8czyc7i- :

No

dresteve2000 :

I see...

JACUSTOMER-u8czyc7i- :

What is going on?

dresteve2000 :

Since I'm not sure how your system is I will opt out and allow another tech to take over your question.

dresteve2000 :

Thank you.

JACUSTOMER-u8czyc7i- :

Are you standing by for what??

JACUSTOMER-u8czyc7i- :

The computer was accidently shut off. Where are you?

JACUSTOMER-u8czyc7i- :

What am I suppose to do now?

Mac Support Specialist: Lindie-mod,
 replied 5 years ago
Lindie-mod
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you right away with your Mac issue, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Lindie

I will wait for someone to help me.Let me know when you find someone.

Mac Support Specialist: Lindie-mod,
 replied 5 years ago

Hi

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Lindie

Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 5 years ago
Mike, Mac Medic
Can you sign in here? Click on the link below.

https://login.comcast.net/login?s=wnamp&ts=f5e0b54d

I was able to sign in the link you provided. It just took me to my new email address Comcast gave me the other day. I need to get into my old address I use to have - the one that disappeared on my home computer. The email address I need to get back at home [email protected]

I am able to get [email protected] at my office? I don't understand why that is?

I just replied a few seconds ago. Did you get it.

Email addresses are blocked here is it a Comcast address?

Yes

Then same thing... just type it in on that website and put in your password???

Mike,

I do type in my email address, the old one, and it takes me to my new email address. It will not take me to old email address. Why can't I get into my old email address at home and I can at my office? Again, how do I confirm my email client on my computer?

That doesn't make sense. You have two Comcast email addresses?
You should be able to sign in to both on that site?

When I type the old address on my home computer, I can't get into that address I have at the office. It won't let me. It just takes me to my new address.

Are you using Safari?

yes

I can only assume it is auto filling your other address because they should not be the same. Go to Safari / Preferences/ Autofill and uncheck those boxes then try that address again.

I did this and it didn't work.

So when you sign in with say my_name @comcast.net you get to an email account that is my_name2 @comcast.net? Do you have more than one Comcast account?

Forget it. I called Comcast and they were able to fix the problem.

Great
Mike, Mac Medic