Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

I cant get my new IPhone5 to sync with my PC. What should

I can't get my new IPhone5 to sync with my PC. What should I do? I have had 2 previous IPhones and I've never encountered this problem. Thanks

Did you mean the itunes is not recognizing the iphone 5?

What version of itunes do you have? To find this, click on the Help menu at the top (where it shows file, edit, view, controls etc).

Click on Help > about itunes.

This will give you the version.

Let me know.

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The most recent version available. Everything was syncing fine with my Iphone 4 but I tried to sync my 5 and my Itunes won't recognize it.

Are you using a PC or a Mac?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

A PC

Thank you, Terri.

Let's try connecting the iphone to different USB ports.

If the iphone is still not recognized, restart the computer with the iphone connected.

If that too does not help, let's uninstall and reinstall itunes (don't worry, this will not delete anything in itunes). Go to the control panel and uninstall itunes, quicktime, apple software update, apple mobile device support, apple application support and bonjour.

Now, restart the computer and install itunes by going to

www.apple.com/itunes/download

Let me know whether this helps.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I won't lose anything from the library? That seems pretty harsh. I'm a little worried. I have an extensive library.
Don't worry, you won't lose anything from the library. We are just uninstalling and reinstalling it.

There is one more troubleshooting you can do, before the uninstall. A reset of the phone.

Connect the iphone to the computer. Now, on the phone, press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo.
Hi Terri,

Did you get my previous response? I am typing it again.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It worked with just the computer shut off. Hallelujah!!! It's syncing now. You are a lifesaver!!!
great to know that...:)

have a great new year!!

I would appreciate if you can rate my service now.