Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

using an iPad 2 with a HP Envy 110 printer. printing should

be and was very straightforward...
using an iPad 2 with a HP Envy 110 printer. printing should be and was very straightforward via AirPrint. However, I lost the ability. I can not print directly from my iPad anymore. What can I do to correct this? (I am pretty illiterate in the technical side of these matters);
Yours sicerely,

Theo van Asperen
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/1/2013
Mike, Mac Medic
So you say you can browse the web with Safari on the iPad and the new network name?
I must have been extremely unclear.
I changed my router recently. As soon as it was installed the new wifi network name was recognised and my iPad worked with internet, via Safari.

In order to print directly from the iPad, the printer and the iPad have to be linked to the same networkname. That is the case in my situation.
Why then is it not possible for me to print any text, picture or e-mail via AirPrint?

What can I do to restore the ability of direct printing from my iPad?
Theo van Asperen
Sorry New Years Day. No that is exactly what I needed, you connected your iPad to the new network but not your printer. You have to connect your printer to the same new network. Did you set it up originally? We can do this tomorrow if you want.
Dear XXXXX, the printer serves two laptop computers and one desktop computer. All three work fine with the printer.The fourth gadget is my iPad and that does not work in the direct way. I can print via eprint, but not via airprint.
I look forward to your suggestion but I feel the problem has to do with my lack of insight in the relation between my iPad and my network. But let me not make it more complicated at this moment, and see where your suggestion brings me,

Theo van Asperen
OK and the other devices are connected via WiFi?
Make sure your WiFi network is selected in Settings / WiFi is there a checkmark next to it?
Also go to Settings / General / About what is listed next to Version?
Hi, Mike, in answer to your questions:
1- yes all devices are correctly working via wifi.
2- As far as it concerns the iPad, yes the wifi network is checked and works fine. The only problem is the 'direct printing';
3- On the iPad I opened Settings / General / About / Version where it says:
6.0.1 (10A523)

Theo
Ok turn the router off and unplug from power for a few minutes then turn it back on and on the iPad Hold the Sleep and Menu buttons together until you see the Apple Logo. Then try printing again
Mike, Mac Medic
Mike, Mac Medic