Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I want to use my apple tv yet I cant get the apple store to

Customer Question

I want to use my apple tv yet I can't get the apple store to authorize my account. On my account you have me living in the USA - I do not live there. I live in Canada but there is no way to edit that on my billing information! Help!!!!!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I will assist with this issue,

Can you manage your Apple ID account at the website below and edit your address/country location?

https://appleid.apple.com

Please let me know if it works or not. Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It worked as far as getting me into my account but I didn't need to edit any location or country as it was correct there??????
So now I'm back to having to get into the Apple Store to authorize payment information for a movie I wish to view on my NEW Apple tv. Can you hold on till I determine if I can now do this?
Can you edit your payment at
https://store.apple.com/us/account/setup

Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When I went into my account there was no need to edit as my billing information had Canada listed there!!! Strange??? So I tried once more to get this movie going on my apple tv. In talking with a relative, I think (I'm not computer savy at all) that I downloaded it onto my computer instead of the computer on my apple tv screen. I just didn't know!!! But now, I can't seem to get it going on my computer screen. I will try once more...Frustrated as all get out!!!

sandy
Sorry, please restart the computer as needed. Change country on computer as needed:

Sign in to the account for the iTunes Store region you'd like to use. Tap Settings > iTunes & App Stores > Apple ID: > View Apple ID > Country/Region.

Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That's it. I have had it for this evening. This was supposed to be easy. I will have to phone in tomorrow if you are open on New Year's day. I doubt it but I will try. This is just not computer friendly for me. I am sorry - this has just taken too long and I am now tired and going to bed. I really had just wanted to settle down with a movie on New Year's Eve. So much for the movie Armitrage! Happy New year's Viet!

sandy
Sorry about that. OK, if you still need help tomorrow or any time, please let me know any time. Happy New Year! Thank you
Hi, You've given me a negative feedback, but did not reply back if you still need any help. If you had tried all my suggestions and it did not work, you can call (800) 263-3394
http://www.apple.com/ca/contact/
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I just responded to you saying I did not require any further assistance as I resolved the problem myself on New Years Day when I was more fresh and not so tired after several hours trying to fix the problem with you. All I wanted was to view a movie on New Years Eve and that didn't occur because I couldn't seem to get into billing to start with and it went downhill from there. Realized the next day that I should have done my payment authorization from the computer on my TV rather than from my personal computer. I did not know that and that is why things didn't work. Thankyou, I trust you will not charge me as you did not resolve my problem when needed. I will keep you in mind for future difficulties however. Happy New Year.

sandy

Sorry, your reply did not show up (you would reply via this web page only), but don't worry, since you've resolved the issue yourself, I'm canceling this; you will get a refund. Also, I appreciate if you change the feedback to positive for me. Thank you