Mac

how do I reset my appleID I have forgotten XXXXX XXXXXball…

how do I reset my...
how do I reset my appleID I have forgotten XXXXX XXXXXball [email protected] Read full answer
how do I reset my appleID I have forgotten XXXXX XXXXXball [email protected]
12/28/2012
John T. F., Apple Consultant
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Don't forget the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my service only and not this website itself or your issue.

You should be able to reset your password XXXXX the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

* IF YOU FORGOT THE APPLE ID ITSELF: If you go to the above mentioned site you will see an option on the right side of the page labeled "Find your Apple ID". If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account ( first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID).

Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:
https://appleid.apple.com/ (Click "Manage Your Apple ID")

If you have successfully reset your password XXXXX still can not log in, you may have another issue. In this case, you will have to contact Apple via their Express Lane customer service feature to ask them to investigate the reason for your disabled account:

https://expresslane.apple.com/

Choose the correct category and issue as prompted by the service above and you will eventually reach a web form where Apple promises to respond within 24 hours. If you need a suggestion for which support path to follow, try:
iTunes > iTunes Store > Account Management > Managing or editing iTunes Store Account > Email

As an alternative, if you do not wish to handle it online, you can try calling this number: 1-800-676-2775. Ask if they can verify you as the owner of the account for the purposes of resetting the password.

Please note: I can give advice and information only, not successful access to your account. The responsibility of reactivating your account lays entirely between you and Apple due to security reasons.

Hopefully, this info will answer your question and if so please don't forget to rate my service . If you continue to have questions on this topic, do not rate yet, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further.

Thanks and good luck,
John T. F., Apple Consultant

I have attempted to change my ID but I apparently took too much time Should I wait awhile I have tried your pathways, but am getting very frustrated

Jim, are you trying to use the links I gave you from your iPad or from a computer?

Also, when attempting to use the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/ as instructed, what issues do you run into? If you are getting timeouts at the site, wait a few minutes and try again. Then let me know how it goes.

i have contacted apple express will respond to you aftern they respond to me

Thanks for the update, Jim. If you have further questions then please let me know.

The problem was multiple and needed to have Apple connect with my computor would suggest you have similar questions refer direct to apple security. You supplied what you could Thank you I feel your web site is misleading you are not part of the apple organization I have learned a $45 lesson

Glad to hear you have it resolved, a great majority of similar questions are handled easily with the information I gave.

I don't not believe there is anything on the site that states JustAnswer is affiliated with Apple but I am not an employee of JustAnswer and have no control over that or your financial arrangement with them. I only get paid when positively rated.

Thanks,
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I can't remember my apple ID and password. Over a year ago.
I can't remember my apple ID and password JA: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID? Customer: Over a year ago. JA: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool? Cus… read more
Benjie
Benjie
Technical Support,
How can I change my apple id. Several years ago. How do I do
how can I change my apple id JA: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID? Customer: Several years ago JA: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool? Customer: How d… read more
Benjie
Benjie
Technical Support,
I've forgotten my Apple ID pass word I need to set my new
I've forgotten my Apple ID pass word I need to set my new phone up … read more
Benjie
Benjie
Technical Support,
Stop searching for answers—
Would like to buy games from the apple play store but have
Would like to buy games from the apple play store but have forgotten password ***** I'd … read more
Uran
Uran
IT Consultant, Network and System Admin,
Network Administration
I haven't used my ipad for a couple of years. I have reset
I haven't used my ipad for a couple of years. I have reset it but can't get back in as i only have apple I'd and nothing else … read more
Benjie
Benjie
Technical Support,
Last weekend I was doing upgrade from iphone 6 to 7. While
Hi. Last weekend I was doing upgrade from iphone 6 to 7. While restoring the old iohone 6 to factory settings I accidentally hit erase all settings instead of erase this iphone. Now my apple id passwo… read more
Benjie
Benjie
Technical Support,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have forgotten my Apple Password. Can you please help? I'm
I have forgotten my Apple Password. Can you please help? … read more
Benjie
Benjie
Technical Support,
We cant remember our apple I'd password. We dont think we
We dont think we did. Our 10 year old daughter did awhile back … read more
Benjie
Benjie
Technical Support,
Forgotten apple ID. Don't know-ages. How do I find that
Forgotten apple ID JA: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID? Customer: Don't know-ages JA: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool? Customer: How do I find tha… read more
Benjie
Benjie
Technical Support,
Can not remember my password to my ipad, using my icloud
can not remember my password ***** my ipad, using my icloud account. … read more
Rahul V
Rahul V
Bachelor of Computer Application
The Activation lock is on and I have forgotten my appleID
The Activation lock is on and I have forgotten my appleID and password. I think it may be***@******.*** … read more
IT Manager,
I have forgotten my Apple ID and password can you help me to
Hi...I have forgotten my Apple ID and password ***** you help me to attain new ones. … read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
Stop searching for answers—
I have forgotten my password XXXXX my Iphone 4S and my Ipad -
I have forgotten my password XXXXX my Iphone 4S and my Ipad - Should I go to Apple at Opéra (and how do I make an appointment?) or is it "better" to go to Orange, which is the copany I bought it from?… read more
Support Technician,
I cant remember my security Questons to reset my Password
I can't remember my security Questons to reset my Password ! Please help me ,[email protected] XXX-XXX-XXXX… read more
AAS Information Technology
I have forgotten my apple id PASSWORD. No access to email ([email protected]).
I have forgotten my apple id PASSWORD. No access to email ([email protected]). Can not get all the security questions correct. Contacted iTunes support, but they will send me a email. Please help me !!… read more
Support Specialist,
I PURCHASED AN IMAC IN 2007 - i was among the first to get
I PURCHASED AN IMAC IN 2007 - i was among the first to get the new deal. I did not register or create and appleid - no one told me to do that. I assumed the store did it. Now I have purchased an I pad… read more
Network & System Administrator,
System changed from MobileMe to iCloud yesterday. I requested
System changed from MobileMe to iCloud yesterday. I requested password XXXXX morning and received message that it will be emailed to me.Unfortunately Mail program asks me for password XXXXX thus I can… read more
Mac Support Specialist,
My apple ID and password XXXXX fine but my I tunes store password
My apple ID and password XXXXX fine but my I tunes store password XXXXX is different from my apple ID password XXXXX have forgotten I have tried changing my apple ID password but when I try to sign in… read more