Mac

Hello can you tell me how to see what is taking all my space…

Hello can you tell...
Hello can you tell me how to see what is taking all my space on I cloud with my Ipad 2
Thanks... Read full answer
Thanks
12/28/2012
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers didn’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, you are rating my Service to you and Not the Outcome of the answer or this website.

In your iPad, goto Settings and tap iCloud. In there, tap Storage & Backup

You can find what is taking up your iCloud space in there. You can even purchase more Storage Space for your iCloud from there

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied

I have done thT but it doesn't show how much space is taken by what i only have notes, calendar, reminders, contacts and find my ipad on. That shouldn't take 5 GB of space. I don't even have my emails backed up. Don't know if my pics and music are backed up. I know I can buy more storage for 15 GB for $240 qnd don't want to do that. If its my music taking the space can I tr,ansfer it to my ipod and delete it from my ipad to have space. I don't want to delete it if it is not even backed up. HELP PLEASE

thanks

lynn

Goto www.icloud.com and login to your iCloud account. You can see what is taking up your space there.

It will also take space to store the backup of your entire iPad or iPod

Can't you see how much space is taking by the Pictures and Musics in there ?

If you don't want the Musics and Photos to be backed up to iCloud, you can deactivate it from there.
15GB Additional Space is only $20/year

Are those Musics on your iPad are purchased from iTunes Store ?

The icloud says $240 where do i get the $20 a year?

only 25 songs are purchased. The rst were passed from either my ipod or computer i don't remember

if you can walk me through the $20 year purchase that would be great as I don't have much more time

thanks

Here it is : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4874

You can even get 50GB for $100 a year : http://www.apple.com/icloud/includes/lightbox-storage.html

iCloud is not that expensive.

25 songs won't take that much space. Do you have any big apps installed ? Did you checked how much space your iCloud is taking to for the backup of your iPad or iPod ?

Couldnt find option to see what is taking space need you to walk me through it. Ipad said $240 year my icloud computer says $20 yr but gives no option to buy it. I am fed up. Please tell me step bystep how to ck what is taking my storage and how to purchase more

thx

lynn

Thats strange. In your iPad, goto Settings and tap iCloud. Tap Storage & Backup. What can you see there ?

Total storage 5MB avail 228MB in manage storage it has back ups Lynn this Ipad 4.8 GB Mail 5 MB and change storage plan $240

Well, we have found out the problem. Your iPad is backing up the entire contents to your iCloud. The iPad's "backup" itself is taking up 4.8GB of 5GB and you have only 228MB Remaining (1024MB = 1GB)

The "backup" include Apps, Musics, Photos and everything on your iPad.

To delete that "backup" backup, select that backup and it will open the Backup in new screen. Tap Delete Backup. See a sample picture below;
graphic

Regarding the price, I will check it and let you know.
It is very strange that the price is $240 for 15GB. I've searched online and still the price shown for 15GB is $20 per year.

You will have to contact iCloud Support to know about the price. You can contact iCloud Support from here : http://www.apple.com/support/icloud/contact/
Ok i now deleted back yp. And have set the few things i want but cant find pictures or music.

Do i connect the i pad to my computer to back up in icloud on the computer?
Deleting the backup won't delete anything from your iPad. If you lost any Musics, you can redownload them for free since you already purchased them. See here : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2519

You can backup your iPad to your computer as well on your iPad. See here : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766
How do i back up my ipad with only the things i want
Do you want to backup to iCloud or to your PC ?
Icloud
In your iPad, goto Settings and tap iCloud. In the iCloud, you can see your Account name and several options under it like Mail, Contacts, Calendars etc

Turn on Mail if you want to backup Mail. Turn on Bookmarks if you want to backup Bookmarks etc. Repeat the steps for all the items you want.

I'd still recommend to backup your iPad to your PC
Ok it is now backing up my selections on the i pad

How do i back up to pwindows pc step by step please
Thx for your patience
Do you have iTunes installed on your computer ?
My i pad supposedly finished the back up but i have the 5 MG still available so I don't know if it did itYes
Sorry for the delay...It must be backed up. Now, we can backup your iPad to your PC. Are you using the latest iTunes 11 ?
Yes
At least i think so my computer is slow should i open i tunes or i cloud so i will be ready
Yes. If you are using iTunes 11, open iTunes. In iTunes, select your iPad in the top right. Under Summary tab, click the Backup Now button. See picture below;
graphic

If you are using iTunes 10 or lower, follow the steps below;

Connect your iPad to your Computer and open iTunes. Right Click on your iPad under Devices column in iTunes and select Backup. This will backup your iPad. See picture below;

graphic

FYI I just checked on my iPad and the price for 15GB shown on my iPad is still $20/year
Sorry Ashik
My cat was injured and I haven't been on the internet for days. Anyway i figured out why icloud on my ipad was $240 yr. it was pesos even though it didn't say pesos. I was able to change the country to USA in I tunes and am allnset.
Thanks so much for your help and sorry it took so long to get back to you and rate you
Thanks again
Lynn
Hi Lynn, Sorry about your Cat. Hope he/she is fine now. Glad I could help you Lynn.

If you are satisfied, please don't rate me rate me as Positively.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great day,
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi there,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Let me know if you need any help in future...

Best Regards,
Thanks for the follow up. All is fine now. Thanks again
Lynn
I'm glad to hear that. Don't forget to let us know if you have any questions.

Take Care,
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
My IPad says 10.2 GB is being used in storage and I Pad will
My IPad says 10.2 GB is being used in storage and I Pad will not take pictures anymore … read more
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert
I have recently deleted over 300 photos as well as two apps
I have recently deleted over 300 photos as well as two apps and I'm still getting the message that my storage is full. I also thought I had bought more storage. Should I come into the store or what? … read more
Nhat Nguyen
Nhat Nguyen
Davenport University Instructor,
I can not get the apps to close on my IPad. Is there a
I can not get the apps to close on my IPad. Is there a secret I don't know about … read more
Mac Support Specialist,
Stop searching for answers—
How do I tell If all the pictures on my iPad are uploaded to
How do I tell If all the pictures on my iPad are uploaded to the iCloud? … read more
Mac Support Specialist,
I a. Trying to download my purchased movies from the cloud
I a. Trying to download my purchased movies from the cloud but saying I don't have enough room. I have … read more
David L
David L
It is telling me that the tracking device cannot locate my
It is telling me that the tracking device cannot locate my face … read more
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson
Owner,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
How can I download the ITunes app to my IPad? The original
How can I download the ITunes app to my IPad? The original app became corrupted and I deleted it. … read more
I have a Bernina technical DVD that I want to download to my
I have a Bernina technical DVD that I want to download to my Apple iPad and I have a Dell computer. … read more
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin
Associate of Science in Social Sciences
I have an iPad that I have not used in 18 months. I need to
I have an iPad that I have not used in 18 months. I need to remove 4500 pics(Plus I want to save these pics) so that I have enough space to update the software. However its not seeing these pictures w… read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
I recently uploaded my many photos to Icloud photos and
I recently uploaded my many photos to Icloud photos and bought 50G additional space but am unable to get to my photos on Icloud photos Cannot figure it out… read more
Mac Support Specialist,
On my Ipad, it says I have 474 of 500 GBs available, but
On my Ipad, it says I have 474 of 500 GBs available, but when I try to download a show on ITunes, I get an error saying I don't have enough storage available. Can you help me with this, please?… read more
Support Specialist,
, my ipad doesn't recognize my storage purchases. I keep
, my ipad doesn't recognize my storage purchases. I keep purchasing more and more storage to no avail. Please any help would be appreciated.… read more
Apple Consultant,
Two Decades Field Experience
Stop searching for answers—
I have an iPad 2 with iOS 8. The blue video icon is missing
I have an iPad 2 with iOS 8. The blue video icon is missing from the manage storage/edit/delete page. Now I cannot delete watched series episodes and get the storage is nearing full capacity pop-up wh… read more
Apple Consultant,
Two Decades Field Experience
How do I free up memory on my IPad. I have deleted all TV shows
How do I free up memory on my IPad. I have deleted all TV shows I downloaded from iTunes in the usage section as suggested but my Memory is still full.… read more
Support Specialist,
have about 10gb w/dropbox pro on my mac. want to add my ipad.
have about 10gb w/dropbox pro on my mac. want to add my ipad. Is there a way to do it direct rather than slow torture through the cloud?… read more
Mac Medic,
Some college
lately when I turn on my IPad, this appears on the screen.
lately when I turn on my IPad, this appears on the screen. "This IPad cannot be backed up because there is not enough ICloud storage available. you can manage your storage in settings." How can I do t… read more
Support Specialist,
I have an iPad and the pad storage is full. I purchased 10g
I have an iPad and the pad storage is full. I purchased 10g of cloud storage but still cannot download anything...… read more
Toby K.
Toby K.
Team Lead/Technical Support Specialist,
Hello, I am looking for help with syncing my ipad 2 with some
Hello, I am looking for help with syncing my ipad 2 with some pics I just loaded into my iphoto account on my mac desktop. When I try ti sync it to the ipad 2, it tells me that it doesn't have enough … read more
CompExpert
CompExpert
Computer Support Technician,