Mac

I have purchased the app "pages" for my macbook pro and it…

Customer Question
I have purchased the app...
I have purchased the app "pages" for my macbook pro and it will not finish installing, what can I do?
It says try again on purchase page which I have done lots of times now and it says the same thing everytime i try... Read full answer
It says try again on purchase page which I have done lots of times now and it says the same thing everytime i try
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/27/2012
Mac Support Specialist: Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist replied 6 years ago
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist

BeBoo :

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer, a paid expert support site. My name is Brandon and I'd be glad to assist you with your issue.

BeBoo :

Can you please try signing out of the App Store and back in? Under the Store menu, choose Sign Out. Then go back under the Store menu, choose Sign In and log back in.

JACUSTOMER-w4yndkdo- :

Thanks

BeBoo :

Try purchasing Pages again.

JACUSTOMER-w4yndkdo- :

Ok, hang on.....

JACUSTOMER-w4yndkdo- :

Ok i have done that, shall I try and complete the installation again now?

BeBoo :

Please do.

JACUSTOMER-w4yndkdo- :

Pages failed to download

JACUSTOMER-w4yndkdo- :

use the purchase page to try again

JACUSTOMER-w4yndkdo- :

thats the same as before unfortunatly

JACUSTOMER-w4yndkdo- :

As my computer is new, I thought I might of done something wrong so tried to download other apps both paid and free and they have all gone on no problem

BeBoo :

Ok. Click the Launchpad icon (rocket) next to the Finder icon (blue happy face). Do you see pages there? If so, click and hold on it and click the X. Close the App Store and open it back up and try purchasing again.

JACUSTOMER-w4yndkdo- :

No, I,ve already checked that and pages is not there

JACUSTOMER-w4yndkdo- :

On the purchase page it has a little red message next to the install tab that says 'an error has occured'

BeBoo :

Ok. Let's try something else. Close the App Store. On your desktop, use the Go menu, hold down the Option key on the keyboard and choose Library. Open the Preferences folder. Use the View menu and choose as List. Look for and delete com.apple.appstore.plist. Go back one folder and open Caches. Delete the folder named com.apple.appstore

JACUSTOMER-w4yndkdo- :

Wheres the go menu?

BeBoo :

Click out to the desktop, you should see it along the top.

JACUSTOMER-w4yndkdo- :

I'm really sorry i cant see anything that says go menu, what does it look like? all I have at the top of my desktop is a tool bar??

BeBoo :

Click the Happy face at the bottom. Do you see it now?

JACUSTOMER-w4yndkdo- :

ok thanks i'll work on that now

JACUSTOMER-w4yndkdo- :

That didnt work either but thanks for trying, think I will have to report it to apple

BeBoo :

If you contact Apple, you may have better luck. I had an issue in the past where I had purchased apps and they never showed up as purchased.

BeBoo :

And they fixed it for me.

BeBoo :

If I have been helpful, please be sure to rate so that I am compensated for my time.

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I recently purchased a refurbished mac book 500 gb. it
Hi, i recently purchased a refurbished mac book 500 gb. it pretty old, really needed a computer.. ive tried downloading apps such as i movie or even final cut pro and it wont allow because it says i have 10.10.5 and need 10.12. or 10.13 or higher.. i t went to system prefrences and tried updating the computer but that doesn't work what can i do … read more
Mac Support Specialist,
I purchased Final cut pro & compressor, my macbook up grade
I purchased Final cut pro & compressor, my macbook up grade Mojave and I lost Both how can I get them back on ? … read more
Mac Support Specialist,
Do you know if the MacBook Pro or iPad Pro will have more
Do you know if the MacBook Pro or iPad Pro will have more apps and/or programs for psychotherapy … read more
Jon
Jon
Bachelors Degree
Stop searching for answers—
I just bought a new MacBook Pro. I use office 365 with my
I just bought a new MacBook Pro. I use office 365 with my company. How do I move my files/account from my old MacBook to my new macbook … read more
Jon
Jon
Bachelors Degree
I got message that I cnnot connect to the app store. I wouls
I got message that I cnnot connect to the app store. I wouls like to upgrade from 10.7.5 to Sierra … read more
Mac Support Specialist,
My volume control does not work like it did before. macbook
my volume control does not work like it did before. … read more
Mac Medic,
Some college
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Brandon, I have a MacBook Pro 15' Retina mid 2013. I was
Hi Brandon, I have a MacBook Pro 15' Retina mid 2013. I was cleaning my MacBook and unfortunately Deleted the private folder. Then the computer became slow, so I turned it off. I have not deleted the … read more
Mac Support Specialist,
I received an error during activation for FaceTime, where do
i received an error during activation for FaceTime … read more
Senior Engineer,
I erased the hard drive because I am selling it. I have been
I erased the hard drive because I am selling it. I have been unable to reload OS X. I entered the buyers Apple ID & password ***** then got error message saying … read more
I've never used this site before. So far I'm impressed that
Hi! I've never used this site before. So far I'm impressed that a chat window popped up within 0.5 second! I have a Macbook Air, 13", mid-2011 model. I'm trying to upgrade to OS Sierra. I believe the … read more
Mac Medic,
Some college
I have a MAC OS X version 10.68 that I purchased in 2010. My
I have a MAC OS X version 10.68 that I purchased in 2010. My HP printer I bought at the same time has crashed and burned. In reviewing new printers, I see that most HP require Mac 107 or Mac 10.9 mini… read more
Mac Support Specialist,
I want to transfer Adobe CS4 from my old 17" Macbook Pro to
I want to transfer Adobe CS4 from my old 17" Macbook Pro to my new Macbook Air. … read more
IT Manager,
Stop searching for answers—
I had an iMac with Tiger, 2.4 processor and 1G ram. Purchased
I had an iMac with Tiger, 2.4 processor and 1G ram. Purchased 4G Ram, installed it. No problem. Purchased Snow Leopard. Installed it. No problem. Used disc utility to erase (zero out) Mac HD. No probl… read more
Mac Genius,
After trying to reinstall from a time machine back up on my
After trying to reinstall from a time machine back up on my MacBook pro 1.6.8 its all gone wrong!… read more
Mac Support Specialist,
My macbook pro is taking a long time lately to boot up? Is
My macbook pro is taking a long time lately to boot up? Is there a way I can speed it up somehow. It has 2.4ghz intel core duo with 4gb ddr, 87gb free on the memory. Running mountain lion on it.… read more
Nick H.
Nick H.
Desktop Support Engineer,
I downloaded Lion OSX on my iMac. I want to install it on my
I downloaded Lion OSX on my iMac. I want to install it on my macbook pro but am not able to purchase a new copy and or download the purchase for the other computer. Very frustrating. I am happy to pay… read more
Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben
Software Engineer,
My App store wont let me sign in on my mac book pro. Ive been
My App store won't let me sign in on my mac book pro. Ive been the the apple store and they didnt know either. The button on quick links is light grey in colour and unresponsive. If I go to the drop d… read more
MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer
Im trying to put my Photoshop CS4 app onto my new Macbook
I'm trying to put my Photoshop CS4 app onto my new Macbook Pro. I bought it for my iMac. When I try to start it up, I get a message saying that licensing for this product has stopped working, and givi… read more
OSXpert
OSXpert
Software Engineer,