Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My 13 year old son saved his allowance and did chores etc to

save up for an IPOD.hE...
My 13 year old son saved his allowance and did chores etc to save up for an IPOD.hE BOUGHT A 64GB and loves it The problem being he ran it thru the washer machine by mistake.It was in a pair of jeans 4 months old Is their anything that can be done.I am not in a postion to replace ?
12/12/2012
Daniel, Mac Specialist
Thanks for choosing Justanswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

I am sorry to inform you but it is fried. Doing the rice method was a smart idea, but that really only takes about 24 hours so if it has been a week then I would now contact Apple. However, Apple does not repair your device. They replace it for a flat fee.

You said that it is a 64 GB, so below is the pricing for replacement. I am not sure which ipod you have as you did not list in the post.

iPod Touch 64 GB (3rd gen.) $199
iPod Touch 64 GB (4rd gen.) $199
iPod Touch 64 GB (5rd gen.) $149

Here is the number to contact Apple 800-275-2273

Now Apple does have warranty and so when you first start talking to Apple do not say that it water damage because that is not covered by Warranty. So just say that it will not turn on and see if you can get it covered. If not then listed above is the price Apple will charge to replace.

Let me know if you have anymore questions. Please dont forget to rate the answer with one the top three ratings.

Thank You, Dan
Daniel, Mac Specialist
Daniel, Mac Specialist