Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

The Safari navigation toolbar just vanished. Theres not even

The Safari navigation toolbar just...
The Safari navigation toolbar just vanished. There's not even an X to close a window... sometimes it mysteriously appears but only for a few seconds. How do I restore the nab/toolbar?
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/8/2012
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

What version of Mac OS X are you using ?

not sure... whatever the newest one is, I think

Click on the Apple icon and select About This Mac. That should tell you the version number

There isn't even an Apple icon... there's not even an X to close a window. The only thing at the top of the page (from left to right) is a double arrow to toggle to a previous page, the double A's for font size, a plus sign to bookmark, a home icon, a reader icon and then a place to type a new site address.

That's it... no apple icon, sorry. But I recall updating the OS a few months ago. What came after Snow Leopard?

10.7 Lion and 10.8 Mountaion Lion.

It seems like your Safari is in Full Screen mode. Press Command-Control-F. If that didn't work, press Command-Shft-F

That will turn off full screen mode. Let me know if that didn't work, so we can reset the Safari's old settings.

Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi there,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Let me know if you need any help in future...

Best Regards,
Ashik, Mac Technician