Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

How can I quit and delete a program running in the background

-- SyncServicesAgent.app -- connected to...
How can I quit and delete a program running in the background -- SyncServicesAgent.app -- connected to Outlook which I have deleted. lways on, can't throw away.
12/8/2012
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Close all Office applications. Then goto Applications > Utilities folder and open Activity Monitor. In Activity Monitor, under Process select the SyncServicesAgent or other apps you want to quit and select Quit or Force Quit

If that didn't work, restart your Mac and without opening any Office applications, quit it with Activity Monitor.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Didn't work. Restarted. Did NOT open any Office application. Could Force Quit in activity monitor for less than a second and by the time I put SyncService in trash -- open again

Boot into Safe Mode and then delete the Application. Restart your Mac and immediately hold down Shift key on your keyboard. This will boot into Safe Mode. Now, try to stop and delete the application. Let me know if that didn't work.

OK This time it worked. Thanks. What next?

Delete that application and just restart. Let me know how it goes
Ashik, Mac Technician

Good. No problems so far.

Glad I coud help you...

Good job.

Hi there,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Let me know if you need any help in future...

Best Regards,
Ashik, Mac Technician