David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional
39216975

iPhoto 11. I usually use Aperture and only placed a very few

iPhoto 11. I usually use Aperture and only placed a very few photos in iPhoto a few years ago. I have upgraded to a new iMac, April 2012. I now wish to use iPhoto 11. So I downloaded latest update and upon opening get this message.
"You have made changes to your photo library using a newer version of iPhoto. Do you want to quit and use the latest version of iPhoto, or do you want to create a new photo library."
I wish to create a new library but there is only a Quit button available which of course quits iPhoto.
Appreciate your help.
Andy, Wales, UK. [email protected]
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions.

You can quit all applications, open the Finder, open Pictures, and rename the existing iPhoto Library.

Then you will open a blank library.

Another way is to hold Alt when launching iPhoto, and keep it held until offered to create a new library.

Let me know if this gives you any problem, or if any questions pop up.

Yours sincerely,
David.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

David,

renaming iPhoto library worked perfectly.

Thanks,

Hi Andy,

That's great!

Please take a moment to rate my help, but remember that you can still ask follow up questions after you rate if you need to.

Sincerely,
David.