Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  OSX certified, many years experience supporting Apple Hardware & Software
65126503

I have an iMac, 2 yr. version 10.6.8, Mc OS Extended, 114 GB

Customer Question

I have an iMac, 2 yr. version 10.6.8, Mc OS Extended, 114 GB available. Purchased Canon Vixia HF R30 camcorder which works fine except with iMovie 11, when importing from the camera. Camera is recognized, window opens and clips appear in import window. When importing only the first clip imports then it says thumbnails are being set up and then it stops. In manual mode the checkmark remains in each box. To import all clips you have to uncheck all but the first box, import, then import from camera again, it defaults to merge into the previous project, you click on import and the process is repeated until all clips are imported. Talked with Canon but they have no help.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 4 years ago.

Steve Herrod :

Hi, I'll be happy to help with this issue - just as a test can you create a new user account and then see if iMovie does the same thing as that user?

Steve Herrod :

If you go to Apple menu-->System Preferences-->Users and then click on the + icon to add a new user, once setup you can restart the Mac and login as the new user to see if the issue persists

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Customer :

Thanks Steve, Didn't get back to you because when I got home and set the Mac up, it worked fine. I take the Mac to my daughters to work on wrestling videos but in this case just tried to test out the camer and the Mac.

Customer :

Thanks Steve,

Customer :

Thanks Steve, When I got the Mac and the new camcorder st up at home they worked fine.