Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

How to fix (Error 17092) on a apple mac

Customer Question
How to fix (Error 17092) on a apple mac
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Mac
11/13/2012
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 5 years ago
Mike, Mac Medic
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

First I need some information and I also want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation :

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Click on the first icon in the Dock the "Finder", then click on Go at the top of the screen, you will see a drop down menu, go to Utilities. When that opens double click on the application called Disk Utility. When Disk Utility opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK in green type, then click on Repair Permissions on the left.

Note: If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.

Hi Mike

I have to explain more

Done everything as you say above - not working

re install the outlook

I can receive mail but not sending

I can send on the same email from my Ipad I phone but not from mac

On the same outlook I have another gmail account that works perfect is something to do with SMTP

My both accounts on Outlook are with gmail and work perfect up to yesterday when i re install Outlook

I hope this is enough information

So Verify Disk was OK in green type and then you Repaired Permissions?

I need the other info I asked for:

Why did you reinstall Office?

processor 2.3Ghz Intel Core i5

memory 4GB 1333 Mnz DDR3

Thanks

I had a problem with Outlook

Now is working perfect with my other accounts

Great so that fixed it?

Your misunderstood the problem it is not solve

I have 2 accounts on my Outlook

[email protected] that received email but could not send
[email protected] can receive and send emails

You ask me why i did re install my outlook I told you that i have a problem and now my outlook is working perfect but i still could not send email from my outlook

it is a bit confused

Comes with this error code 17092 and telling me that i have to do something with SMTP

I see. Email addresses are blocked here so you have 2 gmail accounts that receive but only one will send?

Yes

thanks

First go to Outlook / Help / Check for Updates. If up to date then:

Quit Outlook if open, then hold down the Option key and open Outlook, this will open the Microsoft Database Utility, rebuild the database then quit when done and open Outlook.

Mike,

You have been in communication with my Bulgarian wife,

English is her second language. Please forgive any miss communication

Cannot send mail. The SMTP server does not recognize any of the authentication methods supported by Outlook. Try changing the SMTP authentication options in Account settings or contact your network administrator.

Account name: "Davi Agencies"

Did you follow my previous directions?

She says yes

OK Gmail is IMAP so the easiest way would be to go to Outlook / Preferences/ Accounts select the account that you are having problems with and then click on the minus sign to delete it. Restart the computer and then go back there and click on the plus sign to add it back put in your address and password. Let me know

Ok

I have to tell you how i fixed so you will know for the next client

I went to settings for smtp.gmail.com

Authentication- I choose username and password- my account and password

Now my both emails receive and send

Kind regards

Right I was going to get to that,....
Usually the autosetup fixes it but I would have done that if not....great....

I cancelled my account because my wife fixed the problem and and you jerked us around

You got the money for nothing

go cheat some other bastard

Sir, I did not get any money. I am sorry you feel that way but I don't think I deserve a Poor Service rating, too. Why? My procedure would have fixed that and if not I certainly would have checked the SMTP settings. I suggest fixes that I think the customer has the ability to do first and then I get to more complicated solutions. Since you admit your wife knows English as a second language maybe you can understand why I suggested what I did. Either way you can get a refund... this is not a scam. If you can please rate me at OK to wipe out the bad rating unless you think I deserve that though I can’t imagine why, then I will get a refund for you. Deal? We do not take money from unsatisfied customers. Let me know.

Mike, Mac Medic