Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

java isnt working on my computer, ive got it prioritized,

Customer Question
java isn't working on my...
java isn't working on my computer, i've got it prioritized, and installed. i did something stupid before when trying to uninstall it by deleting the java folders from the harddrive and user libraries.

running osx 10.7.5.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Mac
11/3/2012
Mac Support Specialist: CompExpert, Mac Specialist replied 5 years ago
CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist

CompExpert :

hi,
you can go to www.java.com to download java for you browser.

after download and installed java restart your computer, then go to http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp to verify if java is correctly installed or not.

let me know if that doesn't workout for you by reply in here. thank you
dont rate me yet until I solve your problem.

JACUSTOMER-8aw6bih2- :

no, that didn't solve the problem. i'm getting this popup when i try to run a program:

JACUSTOMER-8aw6bih2- :

The action “Run AppleScript” encountered an error.

JACUSTOMER-8aw6bih2- :

Check the actionʼs properties and try running the workflow again.

JACUSTOMER-8aw6bih2- :

or it does nothing, and basically crashes immediately.

JACUSTOMER-8aw6bih2- :

i also let it sit and try to verify for about 7 minutes, and it never did anything.

CompExpert :

have you try to installed java first?

JACUSTOMER-8aw6bih2- :

yes. i actually have tried that several times

CompExpert :

if you already did installed java and the verification process doesn't go through then there might be a corrupted file within the core operating system that caused it or your system profile is corrupted.

try this:

open system preferences --->> users and groups --->> click the (+) sign and create another admin account, log into the new admin account and installed java and test it out. if that doesn't work then you might need to reinstall mac osx operating system.

installed mac osx operating system:

1. turn off your computer
2. power on again right away hold down command and R key, keep holding both keys until you see a mac osx utilities screen.
3. select option reinstall mac osx

now the whole process should take about 30-1 hour, when done installed java again and test it.

remember reinstall mac osx will not wiped or delete your data.

JACUSTOMER-8aw6bih2- :

ok. i'll let you know if that works after i get done

CompExpert :

okay, just bookmark this page and come back later

JACUSTOMER-8aw6bih2- :

reinstalling actually didn't fix the problem either. i managed to think of one other thing to try, which was reinstalling JRE 6, since it's a foundation thing and i know some programs need previous versions to run correctly, and that fixed the problem.

JACUSTOMER-8aw6bih2- :

not really sure what to do here though, because you have been nice and all.

JACUSTOMER-8aw6bih2- :

i'll wait to hear back from you

JACUSTOMER-8aw6bih2- :

reinstalling the OS i mean

CompExpert :

I'm glad the problem is solved thats the most important part because I know how frustrated to have a computer problem that stand in the way of your work or stop you from completing what you need to do.

now is depends on you, if you feel that I have help you in some way then please rate my service okay or better so I can get paid. if not, please let me know so I can closed this question manual for you. please dont rate me if you intended to rate anything below okay service. thank you for understanding.

JACUSTOMER-8aw6bih2- :

i wouldn't rate you poorly, because you didn't do anything poorly. i just happened to figure out what was wrong before you. also, sorry it's taken me this long to get back to you. everyone in my house got sick at the same time and it made doing much of anything a pain, and this just completely slipped my mind.

JACUSTOMER-8aw6bih2- :

if you had been the one to solve the problem i'd happily pay you, but i'm a poor student right now so it makes even 19 dollars kind of painful to part with. i'm sorry and hope you understand, i will definitely use this service in the future and hopefully end up getting you so i can actually make it up to you. thank you for your time. if i could rate you positively without having to pay as well i'd do so, but that would cause all kinds of other problems if it were possible.

CompExpert :

no problem, let me request to closed this question for you.

CompExpert
CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist