Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

Well, for the first time in my life Im GLAD Im not in NYC,

Well, for the first time in my life I'm GLAD I'm not in NYC, YOU? That's not my question...instead, what is the largest font I can get on my AIR. And, just yesterday I got a large font on my iphone..I don't know how that happened. But then it un-happened.
1 bottle of Dom P is still owed you. Wish you were closer. P

Did you mean you want to increase the screen size on your mac air? or do you simply mean you want to increase the font size while typing?

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

KissInnocentCoolLaughing

I mean FONT size. It doesn't have to be sent out in huge letters, but I would like incoming larger than the usual.

Thank you, Peggy.

Have you tried changing the mac screen resolution?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no, I haven't. I don't even know what that is!! this is a new air book....lots of tricks yet to be discovered.CoolCoolCool

Don't worry. I will help you. I will also help you with the iphone problem you mentioned in your question.

First of all, let's concentrate on the mac...:)

On your mac, go to Finder\Applications\System Preferences.

There, click on "Displays". Now you can find a lot of resolutions listed there. Scroll down to the very bottom and select the second to the last option.

Does that increase the font size for the incoming?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

bummer, I can open finder/applications/systems....but don't see DISPLAYSWinkWinkWink

Have you opened "system preferences" in finder\applications?
Did you find the displays? If not, just have a look at the following website. This is how the system preferences screen looks like

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2490
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok...what I understand is that you don't want the whole screen to be zoomed, but just the text for the incoming, correct?

I am not sure whether we have a setting for that. Let me check. Please give me 5 minutes.
I believe it is for the mail application, you wish to increase the font for the incoming, isn't it?
Let's try this.

Open the mail application.

Now you will find an apple logo to the top left corner of the computer, followed by mail, file, edit, view etc.

There, click on Mail > Preferences > Fonts and Colors. Try changing the font size there.

Let me know if you have any difficulty.
Isn't there an option to increase the font size?
Peggy, you there?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes, I was just writing to you that I"m going to have to call it a night. I have a kayak race tomorrow - 42.5 miles on the MIssissippi.

Nothing to do with you and your wonderful soothing help, I just noticed the time and must jump off the computer and into the boat (in the early morning)

I would like to pay up, tip you and bid you a good night.

If my arms don't fall off, I'll try solving this on Sunday afternoon.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how do I 'tip' you?

No worries...take your own time...

I am not sure how you can tip me. You would be getting a tip window once you click on the smileys to rate. Since you have already done the rating, I am not sure how to get the tip window again. I believe you have to write to justanswer to know about that. I think their email address is [email protected] or [email protected]

Have a good night...:)
Thank you and good night...:)