Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Mac book pro adapter light green, will not turn on, flashing

Customer Question
white power, battery check button...
Mac book pro adapter light green, will not turn on, flashing white power, battery check button 7 green light blink 5 times.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Mac
11/2/2012
Mac Support Specialist: Nick H., Mac Specialist replied 5 years ago
Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Hi and welcomed to JustAnswer.com.

My name is Nick. I will assist you with your issues.

IMPORTANT: Please remember that I am not getting credit until you rate my answer 3 rating or higher. You are rating my service, not site-issues or the outcome/nature of this question.

Please do these resets and see if your laptop will boot up again:

First remove your laptop battery. Press and HOLD the Power button for 30 seconds. Put connect laptop to charger (leave battery out). Try to turn on your laptop. If it boots, put battery back and use normally.

If that does not work, do a PRAM reset:

1. Remove battery and press Power button for 20 seconds. Put battery back.
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.
  5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
  6. Release the keys.

Please let me know if this answer will work out. If not, PLEASE DO NOT RATE MY ANSWER YET! Reply to me by clicking on the Reply to Expert button so we can continue to work on this issue.

If my answer worked, please rate my answer GREAT SERVICE or EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credit for my time. Tips and bonus are VERY APPRECIATED! Thank you!

How do I remove the battery?
Kim,

What is your Macbook Pro model?

Turn it over, do you see the latch or screws?
Screws in every corner. I have to be away from comport for 25 minutes
That's fine.

Please do when you have time. Remove the screws and remove the back cover. You should see the battery. Unscrew one or two screws and disconnect battery. Proceed to reset.
Nick H.
Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist