Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

how can I recover unsaved word document on macbook pro

Customer Question
how can i recover unsaved...
how can i recover unsaved word document on mabook pro
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Mac
11/2/2012
Mac Support Specialist: Toby K., Mac Support Specialist replied 5 years ago
Toby K.
Toby K., Mac Support Specialist
Thank you for asking your question today.

For Office 2011, you can check the following folder:

/Users/YourUsername/Library/Application Support/ Microsoft/Office/Office 2011 AutoRecovery

1. Open Finder.
2. From the menubar, select Go > Go to Folder.
3. Type ~\Library and press Go button.
4. Navigate through the folders Application Support > Microsoft > Office > Office 2011 > AutoRecovery.
5. If the folder is empty, then you will not be able to recover the file. If you closed the file and click Don't Save, the file is deleted from the AutoRecovery folder.

I hope this helps. Please reply back if you have additional questions or concerns. If you have no additional questions please remember to rate my service before exiting the site so I can be credited for my time.
Toby K.
Toby K.
Toby K., Mac Support Specialist