Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Hello I have an IMac and come from pc world. Flash Stockage

Hello I have an IMac and come from pc world. Flash Stockage of 250Go, a 1To SATA disk and an external 4To Raid Stockage. Two users. At first, all of my documents were auto saved and found by default on my 250Go stockage. Which got quickly full. I would like to save my documents outside of my flash stockage, but I don't want different user to be able to open other people documents. like pc world I would change the location of where to save "my images" or "my music" on a D second hard drive how do I do this on mac

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Version 10.7.5

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

osx 10.7.5

,

Version 10.7.5

Ok.

• Using the Finder, navigate to your startup drive's /Users folder. For most people, this will probably be /Macintosh HD/Users. In the Users folder, you'll find your home folder, easily identified by the house icon.

• Select the home folder and drag it to its new destination on another drive. Because you're using a different drive for the destination, OS X will copy the data rather than move it, which means the original data will remain in its current location. We'll delete the original home folder later, after we have verified that everything is working.

• Launch System Preferences by clicking the System Preferences icon in the Dock, or selecting System Preferences from the Apple menu.

• In the Accounts preference pane or the Users & Groups (OS X Lion), click the lock icon in the bottom left corner, then provide an administrator name and password.

• From the list of user accounts, right-click on the account whose home folder you moved, and select Advanced Options from the pop-up menu.

• Warning: Do not make any changes to the Advanced Options, except for those noted here. Doing so can cause quite a few unforeseen problems that could lead to data loss or the need to reinstall the OS.

• In the Advanced Options sheet, click the Choose button, located to the right of the Home directory field.

• Navigate to the location you moved your home folder to, select the new home folder, and click OK.

• Click OK to dismiss the Advanced Options sheet, and then close System Preferences.

• Restart your Mac, and it will use the home folder in the new location.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can I print what you have written?

Yes of course.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it stays in my e-mail and I click on the view your answer right?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Will I need to log onto this site in order to view it?

Yes but you had to log in to ask the question right?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Nope They asked me to log in after I paid and then ask me for a password XXXXX enter which I did "forgot password" cause I never entered one I am looking for the place to change it oops oki I saw my account

Thank you I will try this tomorrow cause getting late! ;-)

K
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

After I rate the question cause finished, will I be able by logging in to justanswer to see the answer does it stay in my account?

This is my last question.