Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

i am trying to login to my workspace from my home Mac. I am

Customer Question

i am trying to login to my workspace from my home Mac. I am receiving a Hoblink J WT error - Java.lang.exception - unable to open connection error. No one seems to be able to assist. Please help!! Thank you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

First I need some information and I also want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation :

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Mike,

Version 10.6.8

Processor - 3.2 GHz Intel Core 13

Memory - 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Thank you.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Are you using Safari to login? Have you ever been able to do it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes. I am using Safari. It's strange. I was able to login on Monday, but when I tried on Tuesday, I received the error message.

Thanks.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Open Macintosh HD / Applications / Utilities and double click Disk Utility. Highlight your hard drive, usually Macintosh HD, and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK in green type, then click on Repair Permissions on the left.

Note: If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Mike,

The message I got was "Disk needs to be repaired. Start up computer with another disk (mac os installation). then use disk utility to repair

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Put the 10.6 disk in and restart holding down the letter C key until you see the Apple logo. Choose your language then you get to the install screen DO NOT INSTALL, you will see at the top of the screen a Utilities menu drop down. Go the Disk Utility, Highlight your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) and click on Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK and only if that is OK click on Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Mike,

The disk neds to be repaired, but the "Repair Disk" is grayed out.

Thanks.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Did you run Verify Disk first?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes. There are invalid volume file counts, invalid volume directory counts and invalid volume free blocks

thanks

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
In that case you have two options: if you have a current backup you can erase the hard drive and reinstall the system then restore from backup, if you do not have a backup you can try third party startup disk like Disk Warrior to try and repair the drive which can many times repair a drive that Disk Utility cannot. Let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry. I held down the c key, but did not see the Apple logo. There is a big X over a bunch of folders. There is a blue arrow pointed at "Install Mac OS X. It didn't ask me for my language. Did I do something wrong?

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
So you never were booted from the system disk? What was all that about then? You either didn't hold the C key long enough or soon enough. Try again
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

sorry about that. iwas able to process the repair.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
So Verify Disk was OK in green type and then you Repaired Permissions? If so go to Apple Logo to Software Update
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok . the only software update is for itunes

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

sorry same error message. can continue this in the morning it's almost 1:30 am here in nyc

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Yes come back when ready
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

good morning?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Relist: Other. Mike may not be online. No problems with his support. We were online earlier this morning at @ 1:30 am. So he may not be working right now. Please let me know if another Expert can assist me with my problem. Thank you.

Still have not heard back from anyone. Appreciate some kind of response.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi Mike,

I am already running the java version 1.60_37_b06-434

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
In that case I don't know, sorry. I'll opt out