Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

i am trying to make a movie with clips from my iphone. When

Customer Question
I paste them into the...
i am trying to make a movie with clips from my iphone. When I paste them into the clip box, the videos turn sideways. How do I flip them so they are vertical?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Mac
11/1/2012
Mac Support Specialist: Michelle, Mac Technician replied 5 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is Michelle and I am excited to get started with you.

Appleologist :

It is much easier to rotate them in iphoto first before you import them

JACUSTOMER-y6vsjv8b- :

It is on my desktop??

JACUSTOMER-y6vsjv8b- :

hello

Appleologist :

Ok, drag it into iphot

Appleologist :

iphoto

Appleologist :

Are you still with me

Appleologist :

I see you are experiencing communication issues. When you get back online, simply respond to this chat and I will respond

JACUSTOMER-y6vsjv8b- :

so it doesnt work in iphoto

Appleologist :

Did you select the movie and choose edit?

JACUSTOMER-y6vsjv8b- :

what do you mean?

Appleologist :

The rotate button is the first option. Can you walk me through how you tried to rotate the video in iphoto

Appleologist :

Is the video in iphoto?

JACUSTOMER-y6vsjv8b- :

yes video is in iphoto and it is vertical in iphoto but when we move it to imovie is changes to horizontal??

Appleologist :

which version of imovie are you running?

JACUSTOMER-y6vsjv8b- :

6.0.3

Appleologist :

Ok In imovie, select the clip you will like to rotate

JACUSTOMER-y6vsjv8b- :

and then what

Appleologist :

Click on the crop tool

Appleologist :

It is a square looking icon

Appleologist :

You will then see arrows at the top

JACUSTOMER-y6vsjv8b- :

their is no crop icon

Appleologist :

Do you see a grey tool bar in the center of the screen?

JACUSTOMER-y6vsjv8b- :

in iphoto?

Appleologist :

No, in imovie

Appleologist :

You can quit iphoto, we do not need it anymore

Appleologist :

The tool bar looks like this

Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-y6vsjv8b- :

we dont have that.

Appleologist :

Ok, Click on Edit, Paste adjustment and choose crop

Appleologist :

By the way, are you using editing imovie on your phone or on your imac?

JACUSTOMER-y6vsjv8b- :

we have a editing button.... but there is no paste adjustment

Appleologist :

Ok I have imovie 11. Can you click on imovie and choose about imovie. What imovie are you running

Appleologist :

Click on imovie in the top menu bar and then choose about imovie

JACUSTOMER-y6vsjv8b- :

I already said 6.0.3

Appleologist :

Im sorry i missed that. Do you see an editing button right next to chapter in the center of the screen

JACUSTOMER-y6vsjv8b- :

forget it

Appleologist :

Im sorry. Do you wish to continue?

Appleologist :

I will issue a refund

Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician