Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Have IPad 2 and last night had problems getting Google Earth

Customer Question
to respond. This am. I...
Have IPad 2 and last night had problems getting Google Earth to respond. This am. I stupidly (!) decided to reset settings thinking if it didn't work I could abort and go back to usual screen and apps. Started off with location services and now on Choose a network, which I have done (my usual one) which then takes me on to WIFI networks and that's where I have come to a dead halt. I now can't get back to what I call my home screen and am totally lost because neither can I sort out the WIFI page.
PLEASE HELP!!!
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Mac
10/3/2012
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 5 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi and Welcome. My Name is Ashik and I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

You can reset your iPad and see if that works or not. Press and hold the Power button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds. iPad will automatically restarts and return to home screen. If it does not restarts after holding the button for 10 seconds, hold down the Power button and the Home button until it restart itself.

Let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Did as you suggested and got back to the reset setting and WIFI networks. Just want to forget this and get back to the home screen, which I don't seem to be able to do.

Sorry for the delay...problem with internet connection here. There is a option to skip that step, can't you see it ? Or just tap Next and you will be able to continue without WiFi

Have done that and somehow returned to home screen, but I now don't appear to have WIFI although the settings tell me I do. Have tried putting in what I thought was my password and indeed other Sky passwwords as they are the IP provider, but nothing has happened!

Under Settings > WiFi, does it shows your network ? Did you tried different wireless networks ?

No as it doesn't give me any other option other than Sky. If I go to the router ID I get a page headed with DHCP/BootP/Static then IP address etc. none of which makes any sense! I've tried username and password at the bottom but that doesn't get me anywhere either.

In there, tap the WiFi name and it should ask you to enter your wireless password.So, enter your Wireless password in there and it will be connected. Don't tap the blue arrow icon in there. If that didn't work, can you please try to connect to different network ? That will tell whether the problem is with your network or with your iPad.

I have just tapped the WIFI name but it hasn't asked me for a password.. Have tried to connect to a different network - WEP - but that won't accept me either.

Turn off your router for 2 minutes and then reset the router by pressing the reset button for 5 seconds. Then try to connect to it.

Resetting will temporarily disconnect your internet connection

I have done as you suggesed . Router is reconnected but still not getting WIFI to IPad despite Sky ticked as network and router number.

Can't believe all this has come from just trying to reset settings

That is very strange. Do you have iTunes installed on your computer ?

Yes

Have you tried restoring your iPad from iTunes ? If not, try it. Connect your iPad to your computer and open iTunes. In iTunes, select your iPad and click Restore button.

Have tried that but no sucess. Have someone coming tomorrow to install Apple Mac so will get him to have a look. Thank you

Sorry that didn't work. One more suggestion, can you try changing the WPE mode of your router to WPA ?
Ashik, Mac Technician