Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I can not download tv series .it says I dont have enough storage,although

I can not download tv...
I can not download tv series .it says I don't have enough storage,although I could do it before
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/2/2012
Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

Before we attempt to download another series, movies take up the most amount of storage so we will need to check your iPad's available storage.

1. Go to settings

2. Click on General

3. Choose About

4. Can you tell me what is listed under Available?

Customer: 4.6gb
Appleologist :

How large is the series you are trying to download?

Customer: The good wife,20 episodes,but normally I can buy it and download 3 or 4 episodes at a time
Appleologist :

20 episodes will defiantly exceed 4.6 GB. Usually one episode can reach 1Gb alone. You will need to delete the videos you already watched and then download Good Wife

Customer: I have deleted everything
Appleologist :

How large is your ipad. if you have a 16Gb, that will not be enough

Customer: How can I check how many gb my ipad has
Appleologist :

Go back to Settings-->General-->about-->capacity

(It is right above available)

Customer: 13.6 gb,but I have been able 2 weeks ago to download the first serie,22 episodes. What can I do?
Customer: How can I increase the capacity?
Appleologist :

Sizes of tv shows and movies will change depending on if it is HD or standard. You will not be able to increase the actual size of the ipad, you will need to upgrade. I went through the same exact issue with the first ipad when I bought a 16Gb. When the new one came out, I already knew 16Gb was going to be too small so I bought a 32Gb instead the second time around. You can however download the entire series on your computer and just transfer individual episodes to your ipad or download individual episodes form itunes

Customer: Ok but why I have been able to download the first serie before ?
Appleologist :

When you downloaded the first series, was your ipad completely empty. Meaning no pictures or music?

Customer: No, the same it is now......
Appleologist :

Go back to settings--> general--About-- under songs, videos and picture, can you read me the size?

Customer: Songs 476,video 0, photos,10
Appleologist :

That is cutting it close. Let me look up the exact size of The good wife

Customer: Ok
Appleologist :

Did you already purchase The good wife on your computer?

Customer: Yes,the first serie b
Customer: But it does not let me buy the second
Appleologist :

Did you buy the second series in SD or HD version?

Customer: I tried in sd
Appleologist :

Its showing over 956mins which is 15hours of play times which comes out to a little over 13Gb of size

Appleologist :

Can you delete your photos and songs right now?

Customer: I deleted the photos, I am not sure I want to delete the music
Appleologist :

were they purchased from itunes?

Customer: Some buta lot were CDs I owned
Appleologist :

Ok, I totally understand. Well you can attempt to download it again to see if deleting the photos made a big enough difference. If not, you will need to download the episodes individually

Appleologist :

Although you were able to sucessfully download the first one, they are not equal in size

Customer: Ok,thank you very much!
Appleologist :

You are very welcome :)

Appleologist :

If you are satisfied, you can go ahead and accept my answer and end the Chat. You can also get back to me anytime you want even after rating at http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-michelleblack/.Enjoy the rest of your day :)

Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician