Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.
70409726

How do I save a slide presentation to Keynote. I get as far

How do I save a slide presentation to Keynote. I get as far as saying 'yes' to Do I want to open in Safari. However when it opens the keynote icon does not come up.
Should appreciate if you could provide some simple guidance
Thank you
John Tierney
Ireland

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

If you create a keynote on your iPad, it will automatically save to the iPad.You do have an option to export it if you wish.

Appleologist :

Are you trying to email it? or just save it?

Customer:

Just save it

Appleologist :

to your ipad correct?

Customer:

Yes I want to save it to my iPad - its slides from a University lecture - so that I can access again

Appleologist :

Were these slides created on the ipad via keynote, or were they emailed to you?

Customer:

No these slides were created by my lecturer and are accessed on the University website. I want to save them as sometimes they are taken down.

Appleologist :

If you already downloaded keynote from the app store, you will see an option to open the file in keynote when you tap the square icon with an arrow located in the upper right corner. Is keynote currently installed on your ipad?

Appleologist :

were you able to successfully download keynote from the app store?

Customer:

Yes Keynote is already installed

Appleologist :

Does the file the was emailed to you end with .Key or .ppt?

Customer:

Nobody has emailed me anything! Read my previous email. I am trying to save a Powerpoint presentation from a University website to my iPad using Keynote. How do I do it? How do I get the Keynote icon to appear?

No the presentation does not end in .Key or .ppt

Appleologist :

I understand what is going on now, I apologize for the confusion. Although the ipad is as effective as a computer, there are some limitations. The iPad does not allow you to download or upload documents

Appleologist :

You will need to download it from your computer first.

Customer:

When I get to Safari and open the slides I have been pressing the square with arrow (now on left hand side). It brings up icons for Facebook email etc

Don't follow that I have to download to my computer. If I do that how on earth do I get it from my computer to my iPad. Surely this can't be right. Why on earth have programs like Keynote if you cannot get the material onto the ipad.

Appleologist :

I will defiantly walk you through everything. On your computer, can log onto the same website you are trying to download the slides from

Customer:

Ok will I download the presentation to my computer?

Appleologist :

Yes. are you using a mac or pc?

Customer:

PC

Appleologist :

Ok. Are you logged on to the website yet?

Customer:

Yes have downloaded the presentation

Appleologist :

Ok, can you tell me what the extension reads. Example: .ppt .pdf

Customer:

Its a pdf file

Appleologist :

Ok, so it will open in ibooks instead of keynote. Go ahead and email that document to yourself to the email address that is set up on your ipad

Customer:

ok

Appleologist :

Once you open it in your email, click on the same square box icon and choose open in ibooks

Customer:

Waiting for email on iPad. Is it my ordinary email account address?

Appleologist :

Whatever you have set up. Go to settings-->Mail, contacts, calendars to confirm

Customer:

Ok it has arrived

Appleologist :

Ok, you have iBooks downloaded already correct?

Customer:

yes

Appleologist :

Ok you can go ahead and open the file up in ibooks when asked to do so

Customer:

ok done. Is that it? If I have 10 lectures all with slides how do I distinguish them?

Appleologist :

I would recommend renaming them before you email them to yourself. You will see them all in your ibooks library

Customer:

Ok Thank you for your help