Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

apple MacBook Pro4,1: I HAVE A CD IN THE CD DRIVE, it doesnt

Customer Question

apple MacBook Pro4,1:

I HAVE A CD IN THE CD DRIVE, it doesn't register on the desktop and I can't eject it !!!
How may I get it out??

Please help.

Bill in VT
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 4 years ago.
Hi Bill,

Let's try this first.

Turn off your mac. Wait a minute and turn it back on. The very moment you turn it back on, keep on pressing the eject key on the keyboard for for sometime.

let me know whether this helps

Thank You
Vinod
Hi Bill,

Have you got the CD out?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This is an extremely embarrassing situation. It turns out that the disc was not in the drive after all and I had already tried all of the suggested approaches previous to contacting you.

So, other than being totally embarrassed, I feel terrible for wasting your time and asking your for a "textbook" answer which I had found on line and did not need once I located the disc in my brief case.

Sorry.

No worries, Bill...:)