Mac

I cannot sync either my iPhone or my iPad with my Mac.I have…

I cannot sync either my...

I cannot sync either my iPhone or my iPad with my Mac. I have tried every conceivable method I've seen on the Internet, w ith no luck. I'm sure I have got it wrong at the start. Trouble is I don't where the start is. There is obviously a set up to do before the actual syncing with iTunes, but I can' figure out what... Read full answer

I cannot sync either my iPhone or my iPad with my Mac. I have tried every conceivable method I've seen on the Internet, w ith no luck. I'm sure I have got it wrong at the start. Trouble is I don't where the start is. There is obviously a set up to do before the actual syncing with iTunes, but I can' figure out what that is. Do I use iClou? or do I do it some other way. Kan you help? Ken [email protected]

9/28/2012
Daniel, Mac Specialist
Thanks for choosing Justanswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Are you wanting to sync your calendars?
Have you signed up for an iCloud account?

Let me know.

Thank You, Dan
Yes, I have an iCloud account.
I need to know are you trying to sync your Calendars?

Actually, it's the calendars that I'm most interested in syncing, although I' like to also sync contacts. Not interested in mail or bookmarks. Calendars is the No 1 priority.

Ken

First we will sync the calendar and then we will do the contacts etc?

To sync your iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch with iCloud:

1. On your Home screen, tap Settings.
  2. Tap iCloud.
  3. Enter your iCloud username and password XXXXX tap Next.
  4. Turn on Calendars.
  5. If prompted, choose “Merge with iCloud” to make sure the calendars already on your device sync with iCloud.

Note: You will need to do this on both the iphone and ipad.

graphicgraphicgraphic

Daniel, Mac Specialist
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Summary: I want to take the music on my iPad and move it to
Summary: I want to take the music on my iPad and move it to iTunes as well as my iPhones and other iPads/iPods.Some History: The problem came about like this... Some years ago, iTunes refused to be up… read more
Jon
Jon
Bachelors Degree
I have an iPhone 5 and my computer is Windows 10. I have
I have an iPhone 5 and my computer is Windows 10. I have been syncing my outlook calendar and contacts for years. Within the last week, iTRunes stopped recognizing the iPhone. … read more
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson
Owner,
syncing ipad does not permanently delete imessages marked for
syncing ipad does not permanently delete imessages marked for deletion from the spotlight search. Is there a way to permanently remove imessages from being searchable in spotlight? Right now my ipad h… read more
Cris
Cris
Stop searching for answers—
Recently upgrade iPhone to 4G, bought iPads for me and my wife,
Recently upgrade iPhone to 4G, bought iPads for me and my wife, and Apple TV. Have iCloud on my iPhone and iPad. PC is HP running on Windows xp. Attempting to install iCloud on PC I'm told I need Wind… read more
Mac Specialist,
While downloading an upgrade fro my Iphone I recieved the following
While downloading an upgrade fro my Iphone I recieved the following message... iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes Not to mak… read more
Mac Medic,
Some college
My laptop PC has approximately 2500 songs in iTunes. When I
my laptop PC has approximately 2500 songs in iTunes. When I try to transfer/Sysnch to my iPad or iPhone, only 1050 or so will transfer. I have approximately 1/2 of the songs in my iTunes coming from r… read more
Mac Medic,
Some college
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Hi there, Ive been syncing my iphone contacts to my PC
Hi there, I've been syncing my iphone contacts to my PC but want to start doing so strictly with my mac. However, when I go to sync my contacts, I either have to decide to stick with the address book … read more
webpagesby22
webpagesby22
Server Engineer,
two bluetooth keyboards, an Apple and a Rocketfish, display the wrong letters when typed
two bluetooth keyboards, an Apple and a Rocketfish, display the wrong letters when typed into Ipad 1. The mistakes are exactly the same letters on both; q for a, comma for m a for q z for w and w folr… read more
Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack
Problem with Syncing IPad & IPhone with computer, Outlook 2007,
Problem with Syncing IPad & IPhone with computer, Outlook 2007, calendar. Has been syncing with no problem until all of sudden no syncing on either device (calendar only, Contacts, Notes, all other ok… read more
Apple Consultant,
Two Decades Field Experience
My computer motherboard was just replaced in my Dell Lattitude
My computer motherboard was just replaced in my Dell Lattitude D830. I have an iPod Touch 16gb early version with music and audio books that I loaded into my computer iTunes from my own CDs. I just bo… read more
Nick H.
Nick H.
Desktop Support Engineer,
Had a bad earpiece on my iphone4, and was getting a replacement.
Had a bad earpiece on my iphone4, and was getting a replacement. Backed up before I went to the Apple store. Trying to restore backup to new phone, but it does not show up in the list of backup option… read more
Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark
IT Director,
My iPod icon on iPhone 4 has disappeared since the latest OS
My iPod icon on iPhone 4 has disappeared since the latest OS update. Has the "Music" icon replaced this? How do I now copy music from my iTunes library on my PC to my i Phone?… read more
Apple Consultant,
Two Decades Field Experience
Stop searching for answers—
I have been syncing my iPhone ith my pc since June. In aug
I have been syncing my iPhone ith my pc since June. In aug I got an iPad too. Since then every time I have tried to sync with my iPhone it gets stuck on step 1 of 5. I don't know if the iPad is coinci… read more
Justin
Justin
Network Administrator,
how can i sync contacts from my i4 to my ipad2 w/o a mac
how can i sync contacts from my i4 to my ipad2 w/o a mac or, is there a way to retrieve contacts that were on my ipad2 & accidentally deleted - all of them?… read more
Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark
IT Director,
Hi I bought an iPad (32gb wifi only) a few day ago and synced
Hi I bought an iPad (32gb wifi only) a few day ago and synced with my iPhone 4 and iPhone 3G with no problem. I then updated the iPad to 4.3.4 and know my phones can sync ok but my iPad does NOT. All … read more
Support Specialist,
I have iPad, iPhone, iMac and Airbook. iPad2 is new. When I
I have iPad, iPhone, iMac and Airbook. iPad2 is new. When I synced with MobileMe it erased all calendar data on iMac, iPhone and airbook but has reatined old data on itself. Now if I enter new event t… read more
Mac Genius,
I have an iPhone, an iPad and a PC. I take notes mostly on
I have an iPhone, an iPad and a PC. I take notes mostly on my iPad and PC. I'm in search of an application that will sync the notes between the iPad and PC (wirelessly if possible). Know any apps that… read more
Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark
IT Director,
I have windows 7. I just purhased an IPAD and I am having trouble
I have windows 7. I just purhased an IPAD and I am having trouble syncing it. When I SYnc it. I get i message one Moment please connecting to the itunes store. Loading. It gets suck in this step. I de… read more
Jesse
Jesse
Apple Consultant,
Some College