Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I DRAGGED THE TREND MICRO SMART SURFING FOR MAC ICON TO THE

TRASH BSSKET AS TERRY...
I DRAGGED THE TREND MICRO SMART SURFING FOR MAC ICON TO THE TRASH BSSKET AS TERRY DIRECTED. IT IS GONE FROM APPLICATIONS. BUT I JUT CLICKED THE TREND MICRO ICON IN MY TASK BAR, AND IT IS STILL AN ANTI VIRUS PRGRAM ON MY WEB. I AM STILL AT SQUARE 1. HELP ME INSTALL FLASH PLAYER!!!
9/2/2012
CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist

CompExpert :

hi,
dragged the folder to the trash and empty the trash

CompExpert :

after that reboot your computer

CompExpert :

and see if trend micro smart surfing still running or not

CompExpert :

let me know, thank you

CompExpert :

after you done empty trash trend micro surfing should be delete already.

now after reboot, go to system preferences ---->>> account ( users and groups), select your username then click "login items" tab

select "tmloginMrg" from the list and check the little box next to it then click the (-) sign to removed it.

*make sure the lock icon at the bottom is unlock.

now after removed tmloginmrg, closed all window and reboot or restart your computer one more time

CompExpert :

now all your trend micro software including the start up file is been deleted.

now open your browser, go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=BUIGP

CompExpert :

download and install adobe flash player

Customer:

Terry,

I emptied the trash basket and tried to download Flash. But when I click on download now, it flies away and does not download.

CompExpert :

try to go to link below and download it

CompExpert :

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/4783/adobe-flash-player

CompExpert :

if that link still giving you problem.

open system preferences --->>> account ( users and groups) , click (+) sign and create a new admin account

then login to new admin account download adobe flash player, then save adobe flash player into a usb thumb drive or external hard drive.

then log back into your current username and installed it.

you can go back to system preferences --->> users and groups and removed your new admin account by select it and click the (-) sign

CompExpert :

remember if you still running into problem let me know, I'm here to help until you solve your problem

Customer:

The lock icon is locked and they want a password XXXXX unlock it which I do not know and Ih ave not been able to change the password.

CompExpert :

you dont know your admin user password?

Customer:

I can't click on the + while the lock icon is locked. They want a password XXXXX unlock it.

CompExpert :

let me show you how to reset or change your admin password.

1. power off your computer
2. power on again right away hold down "option (alt)" key
3. boot menu will show up, select boot from recovery partition
4.

• Wait for “Mac OS X Utilities” menu to appear, indicating that you are booted into recovery mode

• Click on the “Utilities” menu and select “Terminal”
    Type the following:

resetpassword

Confirm the user account and then the password XXXXX and reboot Mac OS X 10.7 as usual with your new password

CompExpert :

Full Size Image

CompExpert :

after done change password, just closed all windows and reboot your computer

now you can unlock the lockpad icon

Customer:

compexpert - are you there?

CompExpert :

yes im here

Customer:

right.

CompExpert :

did you get the directions I just wrote to you

CompExpert :

to reset your username password

CompExpert :

since you forgot it

Customer:

I'll let you know what happens.

CompExpert :

:) okay

Customer:

I got no where. I have to go out for dinner now. I'll be back on at about 10:30 your time, EDST.

Sorry. It is hard for me to comprehend how difficult this download and install process is.

I appreciate your patience.

CompExpert :

sure, I will talk to you later

CompExpert :

seem like there are many missing piece to your problem.

just like as simply as installing a software.

I guess the reason you cannot install because of the admin password XXXXX also Trend Micro Smart software too

in order to solved your installation problem we have to fix all other stuff to make it works

CompExpert :

let me give you another method.

1. power off computer
2. power on computer right away hold down command and R keys, keep holding both keys until you get into mac osx utilities screen
3. look at the top menu bar, click on the word "utilities" ---->>> open terminal
4. terminal type in resetpassword then hit enter
5. reset password XXXXX will pop up, select the source on top which is your hard drive name
6. select your username account and type in new password, confirm new password, after that make sure you click "save"

now after you done, closed everything and reboot your computer

Customer:

I'm back

CompExpert :

welcome back, just follow the instruction above to reset your password

Customer:

I think it is done. I am going to try to download and install Flash now

CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist
CompExpert
CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist