David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional
39216975

On my Pinterest app some of the Categories under the Bookmarks

Customer Question

On my Pinterest app some of the Categories under the Bookmarks tab open to my Followings page and not to the pins for that category (such as Home Decor or Women's Apparel). I deleted the app from my iPad and reinstalled via iTunes but it didn't correct the problem and Pinterest support has been no help at all so any advice will be sincerely appreciated
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 4 years ago.
Hi, my name is David, and I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions.

Is it always the same categories that go to your Followings page?

Have you synced your iPad with iTunes, both backing it up and checking for updates?

Thanks in advance,
David.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes it is always the same categories - several of them

Expert:  David replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your patience. You've done some thorough troubleshooting, that's why this is so odd.

I'm going to ask what you might think are silly questions, I hope you don't mind.

Does it do the same in landscape and portrait mode, when you turn iPad?

Have you synced the iPad with iTunes recently?

I am starting my day now, sorry for the slow reply. I'm sure we can solve this, thanks again for sticking with it.

Kind regards,
David.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes it happens in both landscape and portrait; yes I recently synced iPad with iTunes recently.
Expert:  David replied 4 years ago.

I would like you to delete the Pinterest App from your iPad. Tap and hold until the icon wiggles, and press the x in the top corner of the icon.

Then open the Apps section in iTunes and delete the Pinterest App.

Then connect the iPad, select it in the sidebar, and click the Restore button.

When it finishes, disconnect the iPad and open the App Store on the iPad. Search for and install the Pinterest App, and test the issue.

Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
David.
Expert:  David replied 4 years ago.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
David.